Freight Processing Lead
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Primarily responsible for leading the freight team and provides
leadership, planning, and direction during sales floor
merchandising preparation, truck unload, stocking, ticketing, and
backroom organization processes in the store. Works side by side
with the freight team, but maintains accountability for truck
unload, freight-processing, merchandising metrics and presentation
standards in the store. Leads and provides direction to store
associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery
and furniture-related activities on the sales floor, when serving
as the Manager on Duty. Occasionally required to run a cash
register, perform customer service on the sales floor, or assist
with recovery as needed. Works collaboratively with store
leadership to accomplish store merchandising goals and tasks.
1. Plans and leads preparation for new merchandise on the sales
floor, truck unload, freight flow, display assembly, ticketing, and
stocking tasks for the freight team.
2. Provides clear work direction, training, and coaching to freight
team members regarding freight flow process and furniture
3. Analyzes and evaluates staffing and scheduling needs for all
freight flow processes based on projected carton counts and payroll
allocation on a weekly basis.
4. Tracks, calculates, and reports freight productivity metrics
within the store on a weekly basis.
5. Provides feedback to store leadership regarding the team's
performance and ability to meet freight metrics.
6. Responsible for stockroom organization and cleanliness,
including back stock control.
7. Prepares for upcoming merchandising efforts and reconciles all
inventory transactions, in conjunction with store merchandising
8. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed including opening
and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides
leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that
store, merchandising, and customer service standards are
continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage,
recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and
ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum two years retail management experience preferred.
3. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
4. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 30 hours
per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
5. Excellent organizational, communication, leadership,
presentation and interpersonal skills required.
6. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills
What is it about Big Lots?From everyday consumables and housewares
to toys and seasonal goods, Big Lots offers amazing values that
other stores just can't match. Discover what makes Big Lots such an
incredible place to shop, work for, invest in, and do business
with.BIG opportunities. LOTS of potential.Our people make Big Lots
a great place to shop - and a great place to work. We're looking
for individuals who are committed to customer service and who want
a career filled with opportunities, challenges and rewards.
Keywords: Big Lots, Lubbock , Freight Processing Lead, Professions , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!