Supervisor Correspondence and Modernization *Hybrid*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Supervisor,
Correspondence & Modernization to work partially remote.
The Supervisor, Correspondence & Modernization role is accountable
for the timely and accurate processing of incoming correspondence
related items in the Epic and MediTech environments for hospital
billing, physician billing and back office for post acute services,
including patient and insurance correspondence for 50 hospitals and
over 4,000 clinics across multiple states (AK, CA, OR, WA/MT, Texas
and New Mexico). Correspondence related items for services rendered
by PHS hospitals and PHS physicians are prepared, classified and
distributed daily (in excess of 150k documents monthly). The
department is responsible for expedited correspondence processing
and modernization including document identification and sort,
scanning as necessary, document classification and distribution.
The Correspondence & Modernization Department is responsible for
the timely and accurate processing of incoming correspondence for
both patients and payers with an emphasis on modernization,
transformation and standardization of correspondence related
processes. This leader is responsible to ensure the department
equipment is maintained and functioning at optimal levels.
The Supervisor role has responsibility for the smooth and efficient
operation of Correspondence & Modernization department workflows
providing leadership and coordination of daily activities to
optimize resource allocation, support of the successful management
of the accounts receivable, and optimized customer service to both
internal and external customers.
* The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes
Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, he/she
serves as a role model for the values and mission of the
* Management and oversight of daily sort, classification and
distribution of payer and patient correspondence related items for
the AK, CA, OR,WA/MT & TX service areas
* Responsible for business office scanning including
correspondence, reports, bills, and other documents as needed
* Provide excellence in correspondence processing and modernization
for PSJH while continuing to assist with automating functions to
enable an industry leading operation that is scalable to other
entities or lines of business
* Sets performance objectives and targets for the department within
leadership scope and to maintain financial metrics within
* Responsible for upholding service level agreements with
customers, building and sustaining relationships across multiple
disciplines and among geographically dispersed departments
* Responsible for efficient utilization of staff, equipment, and
* Ensure the availability of properly functioning equipment
including the document imaging scanners, computers, printers, mail
extractors, etc. Reviews, analyzes, and escalates any program or
equipment which is deemed to be performing in an unsatisfactory or
sub-par manner. Understands and has knowledge of
contingency/disaster plans for the department
* Oversee ongoing modernization efforts to ensure that
correspondence related items processed as efficiently and
effectively as possibleResponsible for coordinating Responsible for
coordinating error resolution with customers and other departments
* Highschool Diploma/GED Or equivalent educ/experience
* 5 years of experience working in a multi-facility, multi-bank
integrated healthcare system.
* 3 years of Leadership experience working in a "lockbox"
* Experience with Document Management Systems, high-volume scanning
equipment, and mail processing equipment.
* Experience handling high volume, high dollar, check processing in
a multi-facility/multi-bank environment
* Coursework/Training: Business/Finance or equivalent
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and
your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving
financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on
delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most
vulnerable in our communities.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lubbock , Supervisor Correspondence and Modernization *Hybrid*, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!