Company: LifeWell Senior Living
Posted on: August 3, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Medication Associate prepares, administers, and documents
medications as prescribed by the provider.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
The Medication Associate must exhibit the following
* Leadership: Inspire the trust of others; balance team and
individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback; exhibit
objectivity and openness to others' views, contribute to holding
each other accountable and building a positive team spirit; put the
success of team above own interests.
* Integrity and Ethics: Treat people with respect and individuality
regardless of their status or the situation; do what you say; be
fair and equitable in all interactions; be a good steward of
company resources; actively contribute toward employees' success
and the Community's goals; uphold organizational values.
* Dependability: Maintain work behavior that invites trust and
reliance; role model positive attendance and punctuality standards;
ensure work responsibilities are completed correctly and are
covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments prepared
and on time.
* Professionalism: Uphold high works standards that reflect the
company's purpose and goals; accept responsibility for own actions;
react to challenges positively and calmly; provide leadership in
maintaining highest technical and customer service standards for
the benefit of the residents served.
* Innovation: Meet challenges with creativity and resourcefulness;
remain open to change, others ideas, and trying new things;
generate suggestions for improving work processes, services and
* Oral Communication: Speak persuasively, with intention and
thought, in both positive and negative situations; fully listen and
get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group
presentation skills; participate in meetings without dominating
* Written Communication: Write clearly and informatively; present
numerical data effectively; read and interpret written information;
ensure adequate, effective communication with all team members to
maintain company values, goals, and culture.
* Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to
improve and promote quality; monitor and self-correct own work
processes and outcomes; apply feedback from others to improve
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrates support of the corporate mission (by actions and
attitude), policies and procedures and assures consistent
* Establishes departmental goals consistent with corporate goals
* Organizes and facilitates regular staff meetings with the goal of
positive, motivating team building, as well as staff problem
solving and support.
* Facilitates appropriate upward and downward communication.
* Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to
* Communicates positively with residents, families, and community
* Acts as shift supervisor as assigned.
h3. Medication Assistance
* Accurately prepare, assist/administer and document medications as
prescribed. Immediately report any errors to supervisor.
* Accurately take and record vital signs
* Accurately count and sign medication administration record for
* Performing personal care needs outlined in service plan and
attending to the resident's and family requests promptly as
* Providing proper care and observation of resident's skin to
prevent breakdown and reporting when skin breakdown occurs
immediately to the shift supervisor or the Health and Wellness
* Reporting on resident's condition and significant changes to the
* Transferring resident as needed to meals and activities as well
as assisting with dining room duties as directed.
* Respectful of resident and family/caregiver environment and
resident's personal needs.
* Maintains regular communication with the Health and Wellness
* Associate to review residents and help with managing needs (this
may include unusual or potentially problematic resident/family
issues) and reports changes in the resident's condition
* Promotes resident independence, respects privacy, and maintains
residents' rights to decide about care and reports findings to
* Works in cooperation with the family and outside providers to
meet the physical/emotional needs of the resident.
h3. Other Activities:
* Completes documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory
standards of timeliness, accuracy, and completeness via electronic
* Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted resident
* Participates in all mandatory staff in-services, meeting, and/or
* Demonstrates familiarity and abides with the policies of the
Community and rules/regulations of state and federal licensing
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Hold a current medication aide permit from the Texas Department
of Health as a Certified Medication Aide preferred but not
* Previous experience as a RN delegated Medication Associate
preferred but not required.
* Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs,
including background in EMR.
* Ability to work with others as an effective team builder and team
* Ability to take initiative, set priorities, multitask, and
* Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, both
verbal and written.
* Subject to criminal background check and drug screening.
* Holds current CPR certification
Keywords: LifeWell Senior Living, Lubbock , Medication Associate, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!