Survey Party Chief, Surveying
Company: Cobb Fendley & Assoc
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionSince 1980, CobbFendley has been committed to
providing innovative engineering and surveying solutions with the
goal of bettering communities. Our multi-discipline approach allows
for the efficient completion of projects through experienced staff
who focus on client communication. We are always seeking talented
and qualified professionals to enhance our ability to provide
clients with exceptional service. Are you ready to Join Our Block
and advance your career? At CobbFendley, people are our most valued
resource. We offer a(n):
- Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits
including 401(k) Matching and Profit-sharing Contributions;
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); Health, Vision, and Dental
Insurance; Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Employer
Funded and Voluntary Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; and
Continuing Education Programs
- Extended office closure from December 25 through January 1 to
relax and enjoy the holidays
- Professional and personal growth through innovative in-house
training and collaborative resources
- Community service opportunities through the CobbFendley Cares
Committee, focusing on STEM Education, Hunger Relief, and
Sustainable Solutions CobbFendley is seeking a Survey Party Chief
in our Lubbock, TX office. QUALIFICATIONSThe successful candidate's
most important qualifications include the following.
- 3+ years of experience using total station with data collector,
levels, and GPS receivers.
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver's license.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- CST Certification is a plus.
- Ability to follow directions and work well with others.
- Motivation to work in a dynamic environment with strict
- Desire to collaborate with professionals and clients to
increase your industry knowledge and grow in your career.
- Commitment to perform responsibilities consistent with industry
standards to achieve department and company goals.
- Interest in developing relationships with clients, partners,
and local organizations to remain a trusted resource in the
- Responsible for directing, training, and supervising an
operational two to three-person survey field crew.
- Direct all phases of work of a field survey crew in determining
exact location and measurements of control points, elevations,
lines, and areas to secure data used for construction, mapping,
boundary delineation, or other purpose.
- Perform survey calculations by computing grades, vertical
curves, horizontal curves, and deflection angles.
- Accurately and efficiently collect field data and locate
- Record data points with data collector.
- Operate and maintain company equipment and vehicles.
- Strong organizational skills including preparation of field
- Perform independent research and delegate changing
- Work with minimal supervision and deliver accurate work product
that is error free.
- Adhere to CobbFendley's safety standards to uphold a safe and
- Maintain a professional attitude and fulfill responsibilities
with integrity. If and when the duties and responsibilities change
and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to
changes of business necessity. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Mobility within the office including movement between floors
- Repeated motions (e.g., typing, reaching, bending, lifting, and
- Communication with other employees and clients. ENVIRONMENTAL
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment.
Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations will be
- Job site observations factors could include: walking and
climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and
extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure,
driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g.,
pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction
and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use, and
extended periods of Personal Protective Equipment use.
- Extended use of electronic devices (e.g., computers, printers,
copiers, scanners, plotters, and telephones).
- Use of cutting tools and equipment (e.g., plotting equipment,
rotary paper cutter). EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- The employee must arrive at work at 6:30 am and must be
available to work overtime as well as some weekends. Survey crews
may be required to travel on occasion. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITYAt CobbFendley, we are an equal opportunity employer,
interested in qualified candidates with the requisite employment
authorization eligibility to work in the United States. All
candidates are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age,
sex, national origin, disability or veteran status, genetics,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- EEO is the Law (English)
- EEO is the Law (Spanish)
- EEO is the Law - Poster Supplement MISCELLANEOUS
- Pre-Employment Screenings. All offers of employment at
CobbFendley are contingent upon the prospective employee passing a
drug screening, physical exam (if applicable), and various
background verifications (including but not limited to 10-year
history of the county, state, federal, and a 5-year history of
motor vehicle records).
- Work Authorization + Sponsorship. Cobb, Fendley & Associates,
Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system
operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA). The
E-Verify system uses federal databases to rapidly validate
individual identities and work eligibility from the information
gathered in the Form I-9. CobbFendley will not sponsor applications
of work visas. We understand that this could affect your decision
to apply with these conditions in mind.
- External Recruiting Agencies. CobbFendley does not and will not
accept unsolicited resumes under any circumstances from independent
recruiters, recruiting agencies, or similar entities. Recruiting
activity on behalf of a candidate does NOT constitute CobbFendley's
acceptance of terms and conditions without prior contractual
agreements signed by authorized CobbFendley personnel. Unsolicited
resumes through any channels including cold calling, emails,
applications, social media messaging, etc., will not be reviewed.
#Lubbock #survey #partychief #crewchief #Texas #surveying
Keywords: Cobb Fendley & Assoc, Lubbock , Survey Party Chief, Surveying, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!