Company: Management & Training Corporation
Posted on: October 9, 2021
MTC and the Giles W. Dalby Correctional Complex are seeking a
highly-qualified Licensed Psychologist to join our
team and provide in-depth treatment and therapeutic programs for
assigned patients. You will be a good fit if you are an empathic
and smart individual who values community, teamwork, and diversity
while enjoying a good work/life balance. No billing or insurance
hassles, leading to more focus on clinical care adds to the appeal.
$174,000 - $179,000 annually
Must pass rigorous background check.
- Develop and implement treatment and therapeutic programs for
- Assume independent clinical responsibility for all detainees
including applying crisis intervention techniques to include
suicide prevention, recognizing abnormal behavior and taking
appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive
- Conduct diagnosis and evaluation tests for detainees to
determine needs, establish goals and develop plans; make referrals
to contract professionals for assessment and treatment of
- Provide direct casework services and individual, group and
family counseling to detainees and their families
- Prepare progress reports; provide recommendations regarding
discharge plans; make case presentations and assist administrative
and medical staff in development of statistical reports on assigned
- Recruit, orient, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate the
performance of all mental health departmental personnel.
- Make recommendations and decisions on matters such as
employment, retention, promotion and other personnel actions.
- Serve in rotation with other medical staff to provide
after-hours and weekend patient care, if required, to include
accepting on-call rotation.
Education and Experience
Must have advanced degree in
psychology. Must have appropriate certification or licensing and
five years clinical experience, two of which must be in a
comparable position. Must possess current CPR certification. Valid
driver’s license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving
record required, unless waived by management.
philosophy defines its commitment to providing its employees and
family members with quality and competitive benefit options that
address health and wellness needs. We understand and accept our
responsibility to deliver the information and tools necessary to
allow each employee to make informed decisions on health, wellness,
financial security, retirement, and many other benefits.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in
balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Sick leave and vacation (or PTO, varies by location)
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
In addition to the benefits listed above, MTC also provides its
employees with its BIONIC (Believe it or Not I Care) Wellness
Program. This free program features a wide range of tools,
resources, and communication to address employee wellness from a
mental, emotional, and physical perspective. Key components of the
- Access to a comprehensive wellness website, including a
personal health assessment, exercise and nutrition planners, and
online education and courses.
- Personal health coaching to help improve nutrition, exercise,
stress management, and other health and wellness topics.
- Tobacco cessation program that includes telephonic coaching,
nicotine replacement therapy, and additional educational
- Newsletters, video features, and other communications to
address employee health and wellness
Keywords: Management & Training Corporation, Lubbock , Psychologist, Other , Post, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!