Part-Time Warehouse Associate I
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: October 6, 2021
energy and ambition "switch" is permanently set to
People wonder, “Where do you get your
energy?” You set your mind to your work goal and you go at it
with a passion that does not quit. You’ll only be done when your
work satisfies your own high standards. We will provide you with
all you need: the resources and the encouragement to excel, so that
we can lift each other higher.
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks
in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift,
fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all
departments. The position you are applying to requires operation of
a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done
consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected
for this position, Core and Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, fabrication, and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area,
such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such
as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or
strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product
in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and
procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and
products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials
to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in
order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if
they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.
support counts, count on us
It’s no wonder that our employees give
everything they’ve got— constructive support is motivational!
We let you know that we value your contributions through financial
rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation.
Teammates from diverse personal backgrounds feel welcomed,
included, respected and appreciated for the talents and unique
perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is waiting for all. The
first step is now — when we appreciate the fact that you’ve
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is responsible for
making sure our nation’s infrastructure has good bones; we help
channel water to keep you healthy and safe. From waterworks to fire
protection products, we deliver dependable expertise to build
strong relationships and strong communities.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
None of the questions in this application
are intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Keywords: Core & Main, Lubbock , Part-Time Warehouse Associate I, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!