*Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Associate Patient
Access Representative (0.5 FTE, Evenings) to our location in
*Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
We are seeking a Associate Patient Access Representative to be
responsible for assisting patients during the on-site registration
and arrival processes for scheduled and unscheduled visits. This
individual completes the registration for unscheduled visits by
collecting accurate demographic information, insurance information,
and collecting patient liability (if known) prior to the time of
service. In addition, this individual is responsible for
miscellaneous client service activities including valuables
collection and providing basic customer service. The Registration
Representative I greets and serves patients in a professional,
friendly, and respectful manner to promote positive encounters.
*In this position you will have the following
* Activate patients in the system of record upon arrival on the
date of service and assist patients and customers in navigating
throughout the hospital facility.
* Verify patient insurance; read and understand responses from
automated financial clearance tool and take appropriate action,
including referrals to Patient Access Specialist or Financial
Counselor, as appropriate.
* Ensure that required/applicable forms and documents are
presented and explained at time of registration (e.g., Patient
Rights and Responsibilities, Advance Directives, Important Patient
* Obtain all necessary patient signatures at time of
* Perform collections and cashiering functions when
* Ensure that financially cleared patients go directly to the
area of service in order to receive treatment; refer patients to
Financial Counseling when appropriate.
* Obtain all information necessary to perform benefits
verification for unscheduled visits.
* Coordinate with bed placement and ensure appropriate patient
type and status changes are performed in a timely manner.
* Coordinate discharge processing with financial counseling,
Case Management, and clinicians.
* Assist patients with on-site customer service functions (e.g.,
billing, medical record, and collection inquiries) by coordinating
with other revenue cycle functions and departments.
* Collect, log, and store patient valuables in accordance with
SJHS security policies prior to patient service.
* High School Diploma or GED
* One to two (1-2) years health care business office experience
or related field
* Three (3) years registration experience. Familiarity with
basic financial clearance functions.
* Bilingual English/Spanish
*About the department you will serve.*
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the
Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health &
Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in
support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska
to California. ORCs objective is to ensure our core strategy, One
Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the
enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me,
ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services,
operational and technical support, and the sharing of
comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle
*For information on our comprehensive range of benefits,
As expressions of Gods healing love, witnessed through the
ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of
hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home
health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition
of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
*Job Category:* Patient Services
*Req ID:* 293000
At Providence, our strength begins with understanding. We take
time to see, hear and value everyone who walks through our
doorspatient or caregiver, family support person or volunteer.
Working with us means that regardless of your role, well walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in 51
hospitals, 1,085 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and
social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico,
Oregon, Texas and Washington.
The Providence family includes:
* [Providence across five western
* [Covenant Health in West
* [Facey Medical Foundation in Los Angeles,
* [Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Orange County,
* [Kadlec in Southeast Washington](http://www.kadlec.org/)
* [Pacific Medical Centers in Seattle,
* [Swedish Health Services in Seattle,
As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more
people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than
100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Delivering
services across seven states, Providence is committed to touching
millions of more lives and enhancing the health of the American
West to transform care for the next generation and beyond.