Physician Business Manager (Provider Relations) - West Texas
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position functions as a subject matter expert in network
operations. This position strives tobring consistency and
experience to existing Physician Business Managers in the local
market byanalyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and
presenting information for operational andbusiness planning. This
position will organize and assist the local Physician Business
Managersin achieving short and long term operational/strategic
business goals/ by developing, enhancingand maintaining operational
information and models. They also develop, in conjunction with
thelocal Director/Manager, and implement effective/strategic
business solutions through researchand analysis of data and
- Analyzes risk pool and provider group performance to determine
areas of focus or improvement opportunities.
- Develops strategies to align contracted provider groups with
company initiatives, goals (revenue and expense) and quality
- Create and develop action plans to achieve metrics in quality,
coding and financial performance.
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of
- Provides daily direction and guidance to existing local
Physician Business Managers and acts as the subject matter expert
for their assign area.
- Uses pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of
problems through experience, research and collaboration.
- Assists local Physician Business Managers with investigating
non-standard requests and problems.
- Prioritizes and organizes assigned workload of local Physician
Business Managers is able to meet deadlines while delivering the
best outcomes possible.
- Provides explanations, direction and information to others on
topics within area of expertise.
- Collaborates with local Medical Director(s) to monitor
utilization trends and profit pools to assist with developing
strategic plans to improve performance.
- Solid analytical skills required to support, compile and report
- Drive processes and technology improvement initiatives that
directly impact Revenue, HEDIS/STAR measures and Quality Metrics,
using standard project methodology (requirements, design, test,
- Use data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the
business and clients. Develop business strategies in line with
company strategic initiatives.
- Engage provider staff and providers in analysis and evaluation
of functional models and process improvements; identify
dependencies and priorities.
- Evaluate and drive processes, provider relationships and
- Produce, publish and distribute scheduled and ad-hoc client and
operational reports relating to the development and performance of
- Collaborate with other Physician Business Manager- Area Leads
to foster teamwork and build consistency throughout the
- Serves as a liaison to the health plan and all customers.
- Requires solid presentation skills, problem solving and ability
to manage conflict and identify resolutions quickly.
- Have the ability to communicate well with physicians, staff and
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or
related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work
experience beyond the required years of experience may be
substituted in lieu of a bachelors degree).
- 5+ years experience in a related medical field or health plan
setting, or managed care
- Knowledge of Managed Care and Medicare programs
- Ability to develop long-term positive working
- Ability to communicate and facilitate strategic meetings with
groups of all sizes.
- Strong business acumen, analytical, critical thinking and
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to interface
effectively internally with all levels of staff and externally with
a wide range of people including physicians, office staff, hospital
executives, medical groups, IPAs, the press and community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 50% Travel
- Experience & Skills Risk Adjustment knowledge related to CMS
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Lubbock , Physician Business Manager (Provider Relations) - West Texas, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!