Company: Stanton Optical
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you a passionate leader that enjoys mentoring teams to
increase productivity and results? Are you looking for an
opportunity to manage a business within the four walls of the lab?
At Stanton Optical and My Eyelab, our Lab Supervisors are
mechanically inclined leaders of production, fulfilling our
customer's needs and providing the final product. This role is a
combination of technical ability, troubleshooting knowledge and
mentoring techniques. In this position you will be responsible for
the overall operations of our in-store Finish Lab including the
maintenance, productivity and flow. As a Lab Supervisor you will be
charged with developing lab technicians by fostering a learning
environment, helping them to achieve personal goals. You will work
to identify and fill skills gaps to efficiently meet all production
goals and objectives.
My Eyelab and Stanton Optical are among the nation's fastest
growing, full-service retail optical centers. We are dedicated to
offering customer service and quality eyewear at affordable prices
to our patients and customers. As a leading optical retailer, we
offer some of the nation's most desirable optical brands.
Our team members share and support the Vision, Mission and
Values of our parent company, Now Optics. These include:
Vision: Modernizing the eye care experience for all people
Mission: Making eye care easy
- Integrity: We see integrity as building a foundation of trust
with our customers, employees and stakeholders by communicating
honestly, ensuring consistency and delivering on our
- Collaboration: We see collaboration as combining the talents of
a diverse group, offering proactive communication and being
open-minded to new ideas.
- Accountability: We see accountability as taking initiative,
delivering our best in all we do, accepting responsibility for our
actions and taking ownership of results.
- Respect: We see respect as prioritizing human relationships,
being present, connecting with transparency and empathy.
- Empowerment: We see empowerment as making purpose-driven
decisions to support the company vision, showing appreciation for
others, and taking care of the individuals we serve.
- Supervise lab team; assign duties, establish performance
standards and work schedules, train, motivate, mentor, counsel,
measure performance, enforce company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate lab and store objectives and establish daily goals
- Maintain quality control; maintain a steady workflow to
coincide with delivery time commitments to patients (Now Service,
Ready When Promised).
- Maintain a consistent, cost-effective level of lens
- Analyze and prepare reporting to include controlables such as
cost of goods sold, payroll, daily usage lens reports, daily
breakage reports and monthly physical inventory counts.
- Maintain all equipment; schedule for repair and maintenance as
- Enforce OSHA and safety requirements; maintains OSHA compliance
and MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets).
- Other duties as assigned and required
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a leadership and/or optical
- You are knowledgeable of established laboratory
- You have meticulous organizational skills
- You have the ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible
with changing business needs in a team environment
- You have a proven track record of driving results and managing
the business within the four walls of the lab.
Are you the perfect fit?
- Do you share our vision of modernizing eye care for all people
and making eye care easy?
- Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent required?
- Are you passionate about outstanding customer/patient care and
eager to share that passion with others?
- Do you have a strong interest in learning, embracing and
fostering innovation among your team?
- Are you consistently promoting high work standards while
empowering others to have an entrepreneurial mentality with our
- Do you have schedule flexibility? Work hours will be determined
based on business needs
- Are you knowledgeable about MS Word, Google Docs, etc?
- Optical experience is a plus
Now Optics d/b/a Stanton Optical and My Eye Lab Brands is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at our company are
based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to actual or perceived race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age,
disability or certain classifications based on genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws, regulations or ordinances.
Keywords: Stanton Optical, Lubbock , Lab Supervisor, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!