Human Resources Generalist
Company: City of Lubbock
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Human
Resources, provides expertise and assistance to internal and
external customers regarding Human Resources functions and
- Serves as the front line Human Resources contact for assigned
departments and employees regarding employment procedures; responds
to questions from and advises employees regarding City policies and
- Manages online applicant tracking system (NeoGov) to assist
hiring managers and applicants in tracking applicant and job
opening information and follow-up correspondence.
- Responds to questions from and advises applicants and the
general public regarding routine employment policies and
- Posts employment opportunity vacancies on the City's web site,
other websites and advertises in different publications, when
- Assist department managers in the selection process. This
includes conducting preliminary screenings of applications,
assisting with interview questions and procedures, assisting in
interviews, and sending notification correspondence to candidates
- Schedules and monitors results of pre-employment drug screens,
physical examinations, E-verify (I-9's), driver's license and
background checks for individuals selected for employment.
- Processes new employee paperwork and may assist with enrolling
new employees for some benefits.
- Enters payroll data (HR-2's) into payroll/personnel
- Processes paperwork of separating employees, payroll (terminal
pay) and conducts exit interviews.
- Compiles information, researches issues, and composes special
reports to provide information and support to departments and
management, as needed.
- Completes and manages special projects as assigned by Human
- All other duties as assigned.
Other Important Duties:
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- May travel to attend meetings, conferences and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours
- Associate's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business
Administration/Business Management or related field, andtwo (2)
years of Human Resources experience; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, criminal background, and
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Driver's License.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City rules, regulations,
guidelines, policies and procedures related to general
compensation, classification, and other human resources areas.
- Knowledge of customer service and public relations practices
- Knowledge of research, analysis, development, implementation
and enforcement of all personnel functions, practices and
- Knowledge of computers and related office equipment, hardware
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.
- Skill in effectively giving presentations in front of employee
- Skill in resolving employee and customer complaints and
- Occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally carry up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently reach below shoulder height.
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to right or left while sitting
- Coordinate eye, hand and foot movement in order to operate a
Keywords: City of Lubbock, Lubbock , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!