Student Trainee (Biological Science)
Company: Department Of Agriculture
Posted on: June 13, 2021
This internship position is located at the United States
Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service
(ARS), Plant Stress and Germplasm Development Research Unit in
This is a temporary, excepted service position not-to-exceed 1
year or less and may be extended in increments not-to-exceed 1 or
less for up to 8 years in total, when the student intern remains
eligible for the program.
Learn more about this agency
- Assist in one or more phases of the research process by
performing a variety of standardized or routine duties, in a
laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment, common to the
assigned area of work.
- Perform routine or recurring techniques and studies, record
instrument readings, collect samples, and take measurements.
- Use of various laboratory glassware, cleaning solutions,
cleaning apparatus, and cleaning methods.
- Keep detailed records of experimental data and tabulates data
using personal computers and software packages.
- Prepare routine media, and solutions, by weighing and measuring
constituents according to established methods; use common
laboratory equipment and apparatus such as autoclaves, sterilizers,
centrifuges and homogenizers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0499 Biological Science Student Trainee
Conditions of Employment
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service
registered or exempt
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by the agency as
(GPA of 2.0 or equivalent)
- Complete at least 640 hrs of work experience prior to
completion of degree
- Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying educational
- A signed participant agreement is required for employment under
- Satisfactory Background investigation and/or fingerprint
- Successful completion of two-year trial period
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees
are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to
their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility
requirements by the closing date of the announcement including
specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
All applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for
enrollment as a student on at least a half-time schedule at a
qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or
At the GS-03:
Education: Completion of 1 full academic year of post-high
You must submit a copy of your college transcripts. An
unofficial copy is sufficient with the application if it includes
your name and the necessary course information; however, if you are
selected, you will be required to submit official transcripts prior
to entering on duty. Education must have been successfully obtained
from an accredited school, college or university. If any education
was completed at a foreign institute, you must submit with your
application evidence that the institute was appropriately
accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department
of Education as equivalent to U.S. education standards. There are
private organizations that specialize in this evaluation and a fee
is normally associated with this service. For a list of private
organizations that evaluate education visit NACES website. All
transcripts must be in English or include an English
Keywords: Department Of Agriculture, Lubbock , Student Trainee (Biological Science), Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!