Lean Supervisor (2nd shift)
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What you will do
The Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd shift) is responsible for the
coordination of high-volume manufacturing activities and the
management of the personnel conducting various manufacturing /
assembly tasks to meet operational objectives. Working within an
industrial plant, this individual will supervise, plan, lead, and
direct activities of workers engaged in the manufacture and
assembly of small parts, applying specialized knowledge of the
involved process, production methods and product, and capabilities
of assembly fixtures, manufacturing machines and automated
How you will do it
Our Manufacturing Supervisors in Lubbock, TX lead our team
performance on the manufacturing floor and are an integral part of
our management team at Johnson Controls. We are looking to add
enthusiastic leaders that are excited to be part of a
transformation that will drive change and enhance our performance
and our culture. It is the expectation that your actions both
professional and personal alignment and foster an environment that
supports our Safety Vision and Company Values. The Ideal candidate
will have excellent planning skills, leadership ability, inclusive
style and prior experience. At Johnson Controls, he/she will
collaboratively lead, plan and supervise our personnel across our
manufacturing departments. Your ability to demonstrate attention to
detail will help make sure our Sprinklers are in compliance with
established specification in accordance with scheduled completion
dates for the team.
- Maintain safety standards and regulations in accordance with
the Johnson Controls Safety Program, OSHA, and EPA. Your leadership
style should represent your commitment to employee safety and their
perception of your commitment should support our Zero Harm
- Maintaining production levels at the lowest possible cost by
using your expertise in Flow and Lean Manufacturing principles and
methods, tooling and manpower to achieve profitability.
- Maintaining production levels using safe practices, at the
highest quality level, and at the lowest possible cost by using
your expertise in Flow and Lean Manufacturing principles and
methods, tooling and human resources.
- Maintains effective working relationships and communications
with the Production Manager, Production Planning, and Materials
departments to establish production priorities and plans.
- Direct production operations in accordance with established
priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge
of production processes and methods, machine and equipment
capabilities and skilled labor.
- Operates within budget by analyzing production schedules to
estimate work requirements for completion of job assignments and
adjust to meet scheduled requirements.
- Advise managers and supervisors of production issues and offer
suggestions for changes in working conditions, design, test
production procedures, and the use of equipment.
- Meet or exceed goals established for safety, quality, labor
efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap and rework, and any other
production related goals.
- Initiate, suggest, and implement plans to motivate, empower,
and develop employees to achieve work goals in a team environment.
Lead by example to promote employee engagement and team work.
- Conduct performance appraisals and make recommendations for
hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary
- Implement lean techniques and principles such as 5S,
standardized work, waste identification and elimination, value
stream mapping, team based multi-skilled workforce, one-piece flow
technology, visual factory concepts, and total productive
- Support and direct the manufacturing efforts in accordance with
established priorities and in compliance with ISO and agency
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. preferred) or HS diploma (or
equivalent) and 1 year of plant level Production Supervision
- 2+ years of plant level Production Supervision experience
- Experience with manufacturing assembly processes, high-volume
machining of small parts assembly and automation processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
and be able to read and interpret business policies, procedures,
general business periodicals, manuals, blueprints and other
- Proven organizational and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated management skills with leadership experience in a
- Skills in computer and software applications are required.
- Background in continuous improvement/lean manufacturing
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Lubbock , Lean Supervisor (2nd shift), Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!