Lead Cook- Texas Tech Club The - Lubbock, Texas
Company: Clubcorp Club Operations, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reports to: Sous Chef and/or Banquet Chef
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of a two-year course at culinary
- A minimum of two years of experience in kitchen preparation and
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Prepares menu items as needed for member or guest service.
- Can cook and execute proper plate presentation for banquet menu
- Tries to accommodate reasonable requests from members or their
- Follows all state and local health and food safety
- Follows all safety procedures for operating and cleaning
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Cooks and prepares a variety of food products, including meats,
seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces and stocks according to the
club's standard recipes using a variety of equipment and utensils
according to the daily prep list.
- Take inventory of all items required for station set-up and
determine those items that require preparation.
- Prepares items according to standard recipes.
- Coordinates and times orders with other kitchen
- Requisitions items needed to produce menu items.
- Notifies Sous Chef of expected shortages.
- Ensures that assigned work areas and equipment are clean and
- Sets-up, maintains and breaks down prep cook station.
- Covers, dates and neatly stores all leftover products that are
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the
line prep area and equipment.
- Closes the kitchen properly using the closing checklist.
- Attends kitchen staff meetings and offers suggestions for
- Assists with other duties as assigned by Sous Chef.
- Collects food and beverage products and small wares required
for item preparation.
- Operates food production equipment according to manufacturers'
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned
items for banquet service.
- Assists in plating food items for service.
- Sets-up plating line for banquets and assists with plating
- Carves food on buffet line.
- Assists with preparation of other food products in any other
area of the kitchen as needed.
- Notifies Banquet Chef or kitchen management in advance of
expected product shortages.
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Banquet
- Makes sure that all items are wrapped, dated, labeled and
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and small wares to the
- Cleans banquet preparation and serving equipment.
- Cleans assigned workstation areas.
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling
- Keeps walk-ins clean and organized.
- Attends kitchen staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks as assigned by the Banquet
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Food safety certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend,
stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
Keywords: Clubcorp Club Operations, Inc., Lubbock , Lead Cook- Texas Tech Club The - Lubbock, Texas, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!