Company: City of Lubbock
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under general supervision, manages the staff and functions of
the Information Technology department work groups in the
accomplishment of stated goals and objectives. Prepares programs
and actions to ensure the City of Lubbock meets compliance
requirements, State and Federal programs.
- Plans, directs, reviews, and evaluates the staff and functions
of the IT department;
- Serves as project manager and provides advanced technical
guidance to customers and staff;
- Supports continual improvement in the delivery of customer
services and departmental performance;
- Develops and evaluates budget request, monitors budgets
expenditures, and reports budget information;
- Accountable for the implementation, maintenance, and support of
all information technology systems;
- Analyzes operational data and develops growth and integration
plans to manage present and future IT operations;
- Conducts business analysis of customers needs to generate
business and functional requirements documentation;
- Perform other duties as directed.
Completion of a associates degree in computer science,
management information systems, business administration or related
field, with an additional five years of increasingly responsible
experience in Information Technology; or any equivalent education
and experience; must successfully pass a physical examination, and
possess a valid Texas drivers.
Knowledge and Abilities
A variety of Enterprise Level management information systems and
equipment similar in function to the City of Lubbock's computer
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
- Prioritize, plan, and organize tasks based upon customer
requirements and departmental standards;
- Work successfully in stressful situations with minimal
- Supervise the work of others;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with
various levels of management;
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds;
- Frequently bend and kneel during the shift;
- Frequently push and pull objects;
- Frequently flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially
at the knees;
- Frequently rotate upper trunk to the right or left while
sitting or standing;
- Place arms above, at or below shoulder height.
Keywords: City of Lubbock, Lubbock , IT Manager, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!