Registered Nurse/ Emergency Room PRN, varied shifts
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOIN OUR TEAM
We work hard to make sure people love their work here. Many have
been with us from the very beginning. Because we're
physician-owned, we understand the value of having a well-trained,
well-resourced staff. When it comes to procedural healthcare,
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital specializes in the care of
cardiac, orthopedic, nephrology, urology, and general medical
patients. We are also a highly active inpatient center mainly
centered on surgical procedures that include cardiothoracic,
orthopedic, urology, and general surgery. We have a 24-hour
Emergency Department with 5 fully equipped ED rooms, 4 fully
operating OR rooms, 4 cardiac catherization labs with 1
electrophysiology room, 11-day surgery rooms, 58 acute care beds
spread over three units, and 16 cardiac critical care rooms. We
pride ourselves on giving the best overall care possible to our
patients and on our family style atmosphere that includes everyone:
patients and their families, physicians, and our employees.
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital is committed to providing
better outcomes for our employees!
- Individually Tailored 6-12 Week Orientation
- 12 hour shifts
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Career Ladder for RNs, LVNs, & CSTs
- Family Atmosphere
- Opportunity for Multi-Unit Training
- Free CEUs through Healthstream, our online training system
LHSH Emergency Room: PRN, Varied Shifts
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision nursing
care to patients; including assessment, direct physical care,
evaluation, teaching, and counseling. Ensures delegated care is
consistent with patient/family needs. Functions as a member of the
Minimum Education and Experience
Board Eligible Graduate nurse or Associate's degree from an
accredited two-year college or university, or diploma in nursing.
BSN desired. At least two years of emergency department
Your Essential Job Functions
- Assesses the physical, biophysical and health education needs
of adolescent, adult, and geriatric acute care patients.
- Gathers pertinent patient care data using all available
- Establishes a nursing plan of care, including pertinent
measurable short and long-term goals for adolescents, adult and
geriatric acute care patients.
- Prepares a plan for discharge and follow-up appropriate to both
patient and family needs.
- Participates with the responsible supervisor to develop monthly
- Implements interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs
of adolescent, adult and geriatric acute care patients.
- Safely and accurately administer medications commonly used in
acute care nursing units.
- Provides patient and family education for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients and their family/caregivers.
- Provides appropriate and safe interventions in emergency
situations commonly experienced by acute care patients.
- Performs basic patient care procedures for adolescents, adult
and geriatric acute care patients, as required by the specific
- Communicates with members of the health care team and other
appropriate parties as necessary in the delivery of care.
- Documents nursing care to maintain an accurate and legal
- Operates specialized equipment included in the acute care unit
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment for patients.
- Manages the care of patients undergoing procedures requiring
analgesia, sedation and anesthesia.
- May participate on department and hospital committees; and
provide in-service training to hospital staff.
- Attends meetings as required
- Utilizes special knowledge of age-specific differences in acute
care patients to recognize changes in patient status.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
- Serves as relief Charge Nurse as needed or instructed by
- Flexible Scheduling
- No mandatory overtime
- Career Ladder
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Lubbock , Registered Nurse/ Emergency Room PRN, varied shifts, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!