Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
**About this role**
Our Certified Medication Technician is responsible for all
aspects of medication administration under supervision and in
compliance with state regulations.
**What you bring to the table**
+ High School graduate or equivalent
+ Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Technician
+ One (1) year related experience in a medical environment
+ Medication Technician certification, registration, or other
similar credential prefered
+ Must have current CPR Certification
**What you will do**
1. Preparing and administering prescribed medications to
patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance
with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules
and regulations governing the administration and documentation of
2. Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy
Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and
documentation of narcotic medications.
3. Performing medication administration responsibilities while
adhering to all safety principles.
4. Documenting administration of medication on the Medication
Administration Record (MAR).
5. Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the
reason for not being administered.
6. Adhering to proper infection control techniques during the
medication administration process, including the incorporation of
universal precautions when indicated.
7. Recognizing and adhering to the six (6) rights of medication
8. Participating in data collection, medication audits, and
other performance improvement activities related to medication
9. Reporting any adverse patient medication reactions
immediately to a supervisor.
10. Reordering and replacing medications and medication
administration supplies, as needed, to perform routine job
11. Ensuring the confidentiality and rights of patients, the
confidentiality of the health systems and department documents, and
adhering to HIPAA Regulations.
12. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
13. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
14. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set
of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
15. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
16. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
17. Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
**Our investment in you**
+ Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
+ Time off & leave benefits
+ Tuition Reimbursement
+ Parental benefits
+ Perks and discounts
+ And more available herehttps://wellpathcareers.com/
**Need help finding the right job?**
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
**Facility** _Lubbock County Detention Center_
**Shift** _Variable Shift_
**Recruiter** _Bruce Anaya_