Covenant Health is seeking an on call, variable shift Courier
with the Lab Services at Covenant Medical Center.
May receive and distribute all mails: Official, Postal Carried,
and internal inter-departmental mail. Operation of hospital vehicle
for mail pick up and delivery and other errands. Operate mailroom
May deliver supplies and equipment from Central Supply to
May pick up laboratory specimens, supplies, mail and distributes
to appropriate destinations.
Minimal supervision required.
- Operate hospital vehicle.
- Pick up and deliver U.S. Postal mail, interdepartmental mail,
and supplies for the hospital campuses and off-site areas.
- Sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain hospital vehicle.
- Perform errands as necessary.
- Maintains necessary records and receipts.
- Central Supply:
- Delivers supplies and equipment from Central Supply to correct
area in timely manner.
- Handles equipment safely and efficiently at all times.
- Immediately reports problems and/or concerns to
- Consistently displays a positive and cooperative attitude in
performance of duties.
- Is timely and accurate in completing other duties as
- Pick up and deliveries are made safely and accurately.
- Is ready available for assignments.
- Picks up laboratory specimens, supplies, mail and distributes
to appropriate destinations.
- Carries two way radio at all times while on duty and responds
as soon as practical to all requests.
- Maintains department vehicle, ensuring it has gasoline, routine
inspections, oil and fluid changes and cleaning. Reports any
vehicle malfunctions/problems to appropriate
- Maintains a current Texas Driver's License and good driving
- Pick up STAT specimens in a timely manner.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Mailroom: Current Texas driver's license.
- Lab: Current Texas driver's license
- Mailroom/Lab: Must be insurable by the hospital's automobile
- Specimen Logistics: Valid driver's license.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience: Mailroom/Lab: Courier or mail room experience.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock
and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health
system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200
people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of
providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole
person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we
are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West
Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important
Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that
covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area
covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Positions specified as "on call, per diem" refers to
employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis"
to fill in for staff vacancies.