Assembly Automation Engineer
Company: Mastech Digital, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Location: Lubbock, TX Job Code: 231055 Posted: Apr 08, 2021
Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff
as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American
Corporations. We are currently seeking an Assembly Automation
Engineer for our client in the Building Fire and Safety Solutions
domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive
benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract
position and the client is looking for someone to start
Duration: 03+ Months Contract + Extension
Location: Lubbock, Texas (Onsite)
Role: Assembly Automation Engineer
Primary Skills: Engineering
Role Description: The Assembly Automation Engineer must have at
least 4+ years of experience.
- Develop, evaluate and improve assembly methods and processes
for the purpose of sustaining the manufacture of existing products
as well as the introduction of new products.
- Continuously improve current production methods using Six-Sigma
methodologies and utilizing knowledge of product design, materials
and parts, assembly processes, tooling, and production equipment
capabilities, automated assembly methods and quality control
- Lead capital equipment projects to design, justify, and
coordinate the implementation of innovative automated assembly and
test processes. Specify equipment, document economic
justifications, and submit requests for capital projects. -20%
- Conduct detailed assembly process design work, including
assembly workstation layouts, assembly work cell layouts, tooling,
assembly fixtures, gauging, automated assembly system programming,
and documentation. -15%
- Assess new product concepts and designs for ease of assembly
and manufacturability and provide such assessment and
recommendations to R&D/Product Engineering. -10%
- Support Cost-Out, VA/VE, Safety, Kaizen, and other initiatives.
- Conceive methods and processes to assemble new products in the
safest manner, at the desired quality standards, and at the lowest
cost to meet projected demand in a timely manner. -10%
- Develop bills of materials and production routers for
productions assemblies including time studies and workflow analysis
based on engineering drawings. -5%
- Provide technical know-how to troubleshoot problems in current
The Manufacturing Assembly Automation Engineer is solely
responsible for qualifying new or modified product through the
processes under their purview. (Percentages work estimate is
contained above as Qualifications might be done for a number of
What we look for:
- Advanced understanding of assembly processes for high volume,
- Preferred experience includes automated assembly and
- Experience supporting high volume automated and manual assembly
and test operations including design and implementation of
automated assembly and test and optical inspection systems.
- Experience in developing automated assembly and test system
including capital justifications and funding requests.
- Experience implementing new products into high volume automated
and manual assembly and test operation using a variety of design
for manufacturing tools.
- Experience leading company events and managing projects for
cost savings including identification, justification and
implementation of capital equipment.
- Experience with solder operations, powder-coating,
laser-marking a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in
writing and be able to read and write business policies,
procedures, manuals, blueprints and other correspondence.
- Must have strong organizational and project management
- Experience in concurrent engineering environment will be a
- Proficient in the use of computer-aided design software such as
SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of multiple software applications that
include Word, Excel, and others.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical assembly techniques,
controls, and automation.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields of study:
Mechanical Engineering or MET, Industrial Engineering, or
Manufacturing Engineering - preferred
- Must possess the required educational background and 5+ years'
experience supporting assembly operations in a high-volume
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification a plus.
Education: High School/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science,
Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or
another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 4+ years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Nischay Jain
Recruiter Phone: 412-436-0333 (Ext: 2036)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Keywords: Mastech Digital, Inc., Lubbock , Assembly Automation Engineer, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!