Charge Nurse/Acute Care Full Time Nights 5pm to 5am
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOIN OUR TEAM
We work hard to make sure people love their work here. Many have
been with us from the very beginning. Because we're
physician-owned, we understand the value of having a well-trained,
well-resourced staff. When it comes to procedural healthcare,
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital specializes in the care of
cardiac, orthopedic, nephrology, urology, and general medical
patients. We are also a highly active inpatient center mainly
centered on surgical procedures that include cardiothoracic,
orthopedic, urology, and general surgery. We have a 24-hour
Emergency Department with 5 fully equipped ED rooms, 4 fully
operating OR rooms, 4 cardiac catherization labs with 1
electrophysiology room, 11-day surgery rooms, 58 acute care beds
spread over three units, and 16 cardiac critical care rooms. We
pride ourselves on giving the best overall care possible to our
patients and on our family style atmosphere that includes everyone:
patients and their families, physicians, and our employees.
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital is committed to providing
better outcomes for our employees!
- Great Benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental, PTO & 401K
- Individually Tailored 6-12 Week Orientation
- 12 hour shifts
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Career Ladder for RNs, LVNs, & CSTs
- 1:1 or 1:2 Nurse/Patient ratio in CCCU
- 1:4 or 1:5 Nurse/ Patient ratio in Acute Care
- Family Atmosphere
- Opportunity for Multi-Unit Training
- Free CEUs through Healthstream, our online training system
- 7a-7p & 7p-7a shifts available in CCCU & AC
LHSH Acute Care: Full Time Nights 5pm - 5am
This position qualifies for the LHSH Employee Referral
Alone or in conjunction with the Nursing Director, the Charge
Nurse plans, coordinates and oversees the responsibility and
functions of pre and post-operative areas in caring for all age
patients. Assists in setting and enacting appropriate standards of
care. Directs nursing care within prevailing national and state
standards of practice and the policies of the hospital. Assists in
making decisions regarding staffing, hiring, counseling,
evaluating, supervising and terminating staff. Participates in QA/
Performance Improvement projects and audits. The charge nurse may
have additional responsibilities of finance, marketing and
operations as designated by the Nursing Director.
Minimum Education and Experience
- 2-5 years' experience in cardiac care setting and prior
supervisory experience required.
Licensure and Certification
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Currently licensed in the state of Texas.
- BCLS and ACLS required.
Your Essential Job Functions
- Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or
delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing functions in
accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing
patient care for a group of other professionals.
- Gathers pertinent patient care data using all available
- Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal
continuity of care.
- Provides clinical support to entry level nurses and assists in
- Coordinates provision of nursing care on the nursing
- Facilitates the efficient flow of patients and resources.
- Prepares a plan for discharge and follow-up appropriate to both
patient and family needs.
- Participates with the responsible supervisor to develop monthly
- Implements interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs
of adolescent, adult and geriatric acute care patients.
- Safely and accurately administer medications commonly used in
acute care nursing units.
- Provides patient and family education for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients and their family/caregivers.
- Provides appropriate and safe interventions in emergency
situations commonly experienced by acute care patients.
- Performs basic patient care procedures for adolescents, adult
and geriatric acute care patients, as required by the specific
- Documents nursing care to maintain an accurate and legal
- Assures efficiency of unit operations and goods in proper use
and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Able to operate specialized equipment included in the acute
care unit equipment checklist.
- Assures adherence to safe standard of care and regulatory
- Serve as a leader of patient care and role model/mentor in
- Performs other duties as assigned by Nursing Director.
- Manages the care of patients undergoing procedures requiring
analgesia, sedation and anesthesia.
- Attends meetings and participates in ongoing training.
- Utilizes special knowledge of age-specific differences in acute
care patients to recognize changes in patient status.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
- Flexible Scheduling
- No mandatory overtime
- Career Ladder
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Lubbock , Charge Nurse/Acute Care Full Time Nights 5pm to 5am, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!