Regional Director, Design and Construction Management
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is based in Lubbock, TX. The Regional Director,
Design and Construction Management provides leadership and
oversight to effectively execute and deliver upon a diverse and
complex capital portfolio ranging between $150M to $1.5B. This role
will provide leadership to a variety of roles within the design and
construction family and will vary by region depending upon
workforce and portfolio needs. This role is responsible for
ensuring adherence to Providence St. Joseph Health standards and
performs duties in a manner consistent with PSJH Mission and Core
The Regional Director, Design and Construction Management will
have the following accountabilities:
- Responsible for providing leadership, management, and
facilitation for construction team to meet assigned goals.
- Accountable for direct supervision of construction team to
include performance management, development and growth, and
- Accountable for assigning construction projects.
- Responsible for working with department managers, service line
leaders, and chief executives to develop project scope in support
of regional strategies.
- Responsible for leading and managing the RFP process for
architectural and general contractors within region. Responsible
for maintaining and developing overall vendor relationships and
deployments within the region.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with
authorities having jurisdiction at a global level.
- Review and approve architectural add services, construction
change orders, invoices, and construction pay applications within
scope of the signatory matrix.
- Responsible for developing infection control procedures with
safety, facilities, and accreditation teams. Monitors compliance
procedures during construction.
- Accountable for providing education to team on best practices,
changes in procedures, and industry standards.
- Responsible for conducting routine inspection to ensure
conformance with design documents, incorporation of best practices
and communication with the project team. Accountable for ad hoc
monitoring and measurement of successful implementation is
- Ensure that Project Programs, Designs, Budgets and Schedules
are inclusive of all elements required for a complete project.
- Manage the presentation of designs, estimates and program
updates to Senior Management as documents progress.
- Confirm that accurate and necessary data is captured by project
accounting. Report accurately to Senior Management.
- Evaluate all design development professionals for cost
competitiveness and accuracy in concert with scope of work.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing cost reporting with
the team to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare comparisons to monitor construction cost trends to
historical data. Update the cost database as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes team success and
reflects the Providence Health & Services' Mission, philosophy, and
Core Values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and
Required experience/education for this position include:
- More than 10 years of experience in construction
- 7 years of supervisory experience.
- A valid Driver License.
- Strong analytical, organizational, leadership, interpersonal
skills, and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work with Accounting and
Construction mathematical concepts.
- Excellent reputation and knowledge of the design, engineering
and construction firms and local jurisdiction having
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both
written and verbal forms for both internal and external
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge of building codes (SSBC, IBC, etc.), OSHA, OSHPD,
aerial construction and underground construction standards and
- Ability to prioritize work by making informed judgments and to
develop solutions for complex problems.
- Proven experience and knowledge of land use practices and
procedures across a diverse geographic portfolio.
- Must have the ability to design and interpret statistical
- Project management skills.
- Understanding of land use and regulatory compliance.
- Microsoft office suite to include Microsoft Project.
- Presentation skills.
Preferred experience/education for this position include:
- Certification as a project management professional.
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Lubbock , Regional Director, Design and Construction Management, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!