Diabetic Nurse Educator - CMC *FT, Day Shift*
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Covenant Health is seeking a Full Time Day Shift Nurse Educator
for Diabetic education at Nursing Admin Department at Covenant
Medical Center. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications
will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern
Based on the sciences of nursing practice, learning, and change,
NPD specialists use knowledge and skills in education theory and
application, career development, leadership, and program management
to support lifelong nursing professional development. The NPDS may
act as a clinician to assess and coordinate quality patient care
and may provide patient care related to specialty. Minimal
NPDS II: Competent:
- Provides orientation, training and continuing nursing education
in a skilled and effective manner.
- Serves as CNE Nurse Planner.
DOMAIN: CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION (CDE):
- Standard 1. Assessment: The NPDS collects data and information
related to educational needs and other pertinent situations.
- Standard 2. Identification of Issues and Trends: The NPDS
analyzes data to determine the needs of individuals, organizations,
- Standard 3. Outcomes Identification: The NPDS identifies
- Standard 4. Planning: The NPDS establishes a plan that
prescribes strategies, alternatives, and resources to achieve
- Standard 5. Implementation: The NPDS implements the identified
- Standard 5-A. Coordination: The NPDS coordinates educational
initiatives and activities.
- Standard 5-B. Learning and Practice Environment: The NPDS
employs strategies to promote positive learning and practice
- Standard 5-C. Consultation: The NPDS provides consultation to
influence plans, enhance the abilities of others, and effect
- Standard 6. Evaluation: The NPDS evaluates progress toward
attainment of outcomes.
- Standard 7. Quality of Nursing Professional Development
Practice: The NPDS systematically enhances the quality and
effectiveness of nursing professional development practice.
- Standard 8. Education: The NPDS maintains current knowledge and
competency in nursing and professional development practice.
- Standard 9. Professional Practice Evaluation: The NPDS
evaluates his/her own practice in relation to professional practice
standards and guidelines, and relevant statutes, rules and
- Actively participates in professional organization, and
facilitates use of other professional development and community
- Creates an effective learning environment and incorporates
critical thinking and evidence-based practice skills in
professional presentations (i.e., selection of appropriate
psychomotor, cognitive, affective educational content, materials,
techniques and strategies).
- Functions in the role of facilitator; collaborates with
colleagues, learners, and other key stakeholders in formulating
- Disseminates the evaluation results of learning activities and
educational programs, and adjusts teaching/learning strategies
based on course evaluation results, and takes action to achieve
goals identified during the professional practice evaluation
- Acquires knowledge and skills appropriate to the specialty
area, practice setting, role, and learner diversity, including
proficiency in use of technology.
DOMAIN: LEADERSHIP and COLLABORATION:
- Standard 10. Collegiality: The NPDS establishes collegial
partnerships contributing to the professional development of peers,
students, colleagues and others.
- Standard 11. Collaboration: The NPDS collaborates with
inter-professional teams, leaders, stakeholders and others to
facilitate nursing practice and positive outcomes for
- Standard 12. Ethics: The NPDS integrates ethics in all areas of
- Standard 13. Advocacy: The NPDS advocates for the protections
and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations,
healthcare providers, nursing and other professions, institutions
- Standard 14. Research: The NPDS integrates research findings
- Standard 15. Leadership: The NPDS provides leadership in the
professional practice setting and the profession.
- Effectively facilitates group processes and implements
motivational strategies at group level; promotes problem solving,
and exhibits creativity and flexibility through times of
- Demonstrates knowledge of the research process, and interprets
and utilizes research in practice; demonstrates understanding of
trends in healthcare, education and leadership.
- Provides peers with feedback regarding their role
- Develops and implements educational programs free of commercial
bias and conflicts of interest in accordance with the guidelines of
the ANCC Commission on Accreditation and the guidelines from
- The Nurse Planner has ultimate authority, accountability, and
responsibility for activity development with the Approved Provider
- Ensures that ANCC/TNA criteria and Texas Board of Nursing rules
guide the development, implementation, and evaluation of CNE
activities offered by the Approved Provider Unit.
- Is involved in the entire process of CNE activity delivery -
from inception through evaluation and follow-up - for the Approved
- Utilizes activity evaluation data to guide future activity
selection and to measure changes in nursing practice or nursing
DOMAIN: PROGRAM AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PPM):
- Standard 16. Resource Utilization: The NPDS considers factors
related to safety, effectiveness and cost in regard to professional
development activities and expected outcomes.
- Consistently utilizes planning methodologies when implementing
various programs and projects (i.e., evaluates factors such as
safety, effectiveness, availability, cost and benefits,
efficiencies, opportunities for learners and impacts on practice);
allocates human, financial and material resources, equipment, and
technologies based on identified needs and goals.
Continuing Nursing Education (Approved Provider Unit), Primary
- Serves as a liaison between TNA and the Approved Provider
- Ensures the Approved Provider Unit implements and adheres to
all operational requirements.
- Oversees and ensures that ANCC/TNA criteria and Texas Board of
Nursing rules are adhered to across all phases of activity
- Serves as a CNE resource to the Approved Provider Unit and
others as needed.
- Orients new Nurse Planner(s) to the Approved Provider
- Ensures all Approved Provider Unit Nurse Planners meet minimum
- Implements the overall Approved Provider Unit's evaluation
- Keeps all members of the Approved Provider Unit up-to-date on
- Monitors the actions of all members of the Approved Provider
Unit in relationship to their adherence to ANCC/TNA criteria.
- Advocates for resources - human, material, and financial - to
ensure the Approved Provider Unit meets its goals related to
quality outcomes and nursing professional development.
- Ensures the Approved Provider Unit is in compliance with all
applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations that
impact the organization's ability to meet ANCC/TNA criteria and
maintain the Approved Provider Unit.
- Develop and implement monitoring processes to ensure compliance
to State law, Federal regulations, and Accreditation standards and
remain current in these laws and standards.
- Conduct Performance Improvement activities.
- Attend committees designed to increase awareness and compliance
with infection prevention and quality improvement.
- Conduct monthly audits to maintain compliance with accrediting
- Develop, coordinate and participate in the compliance education
and training to assure staff is in compliance with the laws and
- Conduct audits of charts to identify possible deficiencies and
work with Managers to address these through identified training of
- Maintains a committed and cooperative attitude with staffing,
promoting teamwork, effectiveness and efficiency.
Minimum Position Qualification:
- 1 year experience as NPDS.
- 1 year Clinical experience in area of specialty.
- Continuing Nursing Education (Approved Provider Unit) Primary
- Has experience in the assessing, planning, implementing, and
evaluation of CNE activities.
License / Certifications:
- Current Texas RN License
- BLS (AHA) certification upon hire
- ACLS within 1 year
- Certified BLS (AHA) Instructor within 6 months of assuming
- Certified ACLS Instructor (adult critical care clinical areas)
within 6 months of assuming position.
- Certified PALS Instructor (pediatric clinical areas) within 6
months of assuming position.
- Certified NRP Instructor (neonatal clinical areas) within 6
months of assuming position.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock
and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health
system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200
people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of
providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole
person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we
are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West
Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important
Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that
covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area
covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Positions specified as "on call, per diem" refers to
employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis"
to fill in for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Lubbock , Diabetic Nurse Educator - CMC *FT, Day Shift*, Other , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!