Principal Network Automation Engineer
Posted on: September 22, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... This person works on the Verizon
Wireless production network, including 4G/ 5G EPC Core and 5G vRAN
applications and components. These applications utilize the best in
class private 4G LTE, 5G Core and RAN networks and combine them
with Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP) resources and ENSE fabric
infrastructure to provide customers with the latest wireless
capabilities, speed and capacity while contributing to the building
of the next generation wireless networks. This is a unique
opportunity to participate in all aspects of the engineering of
automation and integration of virtual applications in the
production network. You will be a contributing member within the
Virtual Network Operations and Engineering (VNOE) Team, working
with external vendors and internal teams such as Product, TP&D,
Planning, MTCE and NI. You will have a strong, customer centric
voice in assisting with as well as implementing the strategic
roadmap of Automation and Virtualization of the network
- Contributing to the VNOE organization in building
next-generation Networks, including the 5GC & VRAN components.
- Understanding and contributing to the design and building next
gen networks that will support innovative and disruptive consumer
- Most importantly you will be contributor to the end to end
automation and orchestration of Networks applications (e.g., VRAN,
EPC) along with the underlying web scale compute architecture using
existing frameworks such as NFVD, Atlas, and Wind River cloud
platform with end goals of zero touch provisioning,
high-scalability, and closed loop in mind.
- Gathering testing and validation requirements and conducting
FOA and trials in lab or internal FOA site locations.
- Provide insight into VNOE requirements while partnering with
internal teams and external vendors to develop three or more years
of the technology strategy, roadmap, and planning.
- Candidate will develop excellent working relationships with and
work as a partner with HQ Planning, Product, TP&D, Network
Implementation, and MTCE with the purpose developing best practices
for the engineering and operations.
- Partner with Planning to shape the future automation and
orchestration framework that fits the needs of business
requirements for VNOE.This role may be considered as part of the
Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G Core and RAN technologies.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture and open source tools.
- Experience building Container based solutions (distributed and
standalone) using Kubernetes, and/or Docker Data Center/swarm.Even
better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Anisble, SQL).
- Strong knowledge of IP networking including Virtual Private
Cloud, VPN, SDN, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls.
- Demonstrated experience building web scale/container based
solutions (distributed and standalone) using Kubernetes, openshift,
and/or Docker Data Center/swarm.
- A proven track record of delivering complex solutions / large
systems to a predefined schedule.
- Previous record of distilling highly complex technical
solutions into business cases for leadership.Equal Employment
Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and
celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementNYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC
roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with
legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).
Additional information will be provided during the hiring
Keywords: Verizon, Lubbock , Principal Network Automation Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!