Executive Chef - Performing Arts and Sciences - Buddy Holly Hall
Company: United Supermarkets, LLC
Posted on: December 2, 2019
About the Buddy Holly HallThe Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts
and Sciences is a unique model not found anywhere else in the
world. The state-of-the-art campus features two theaters, event
space, a full-service restaurant and a ballet academy under one
Encompassing a 220,000 square foot, state-of-the-art campus
features: an upscale restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor
seating; 2,200 seats comfortably rise over four levels with two VIP
lounges 425 seats, concessions and lounge area; accommodates 300
seated guests for banquets, weddings, and galas along with other
banquet and meeting space options up to 750 guests and provides
backstage catering for Ballet, Symphony and headlining
The Buddy Holly Hall is privately funded, owned and operated by The
Lubbock Entertainment and Performing Arts Association, with 100% of
all contributions directly funding construction of the project.
Innovative partnerships with local arts organizations, public
schools and universities, and private corporations will allow The
Buddy Holly Hall to be financially self-sustaining upon opening in
As Buddy inspired the world's best music and musicians with his
unique abilities, The Buddy Holly Hall of Performing Arts and
Sciences honors that legacy inspiring future generations of
artists, musicians and entertainers.
Summary of Position: The Executive Chef will provide the most
responsive, knowledgeable and courteous service to our Guests
through conducting the highest level of execution and guidance of
our front of house and culinary staff by setting quality standards
in all areas of food production and preparation. He/She is
responsible for maintaining profitability levels in accordance with
the budget and the development of an efficient and well trained
- Assist the Food and Beverage Director in establishing an annual
- Responsible for maintaining positive atmosphere, spirit and
morale within the department
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills by managing time and
- Responsible for hiring, development and performance management
of team members
- Responsible for training in all food production areas to
include Restaurant, Concessions and Banquets and/or offsite
catering of Food Truck.
- Be familiar with all job descriptions and manuals to
objectively evaluate the performance of the staff on a regular
- Establish production schedules and work schedules for the
workforce based on forecast, to assure proper payroll levels,
consistent food quality, portion consistency and attractive
imaginative presentation and eye appeal.
- Prepare standardized recipe systems and picture boards for all
food outlets with all plating instructions.
- Write all outlet menus together with the Executive Director of
Food and Beverage
- Consistently monitor the food areas during their peak periods
to observe production flow and presentation.
- Personally verify that established purchase specifications are
adhered to and personally checks storage facilities for proper
sanitary conditions. Conducts monthly inventories.
- Keep up to date on all production requirements so that the
daily list will reflect quantities needed.
- Conduct weekly meetings with key personnel to ensure flow of
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all related
- Keep Food and Beverage Director informed on a timely
- Ensure that all guests are provided the most responsive,
knowledgeable and courteous service.
- Oversee that department systems and processes are utilized
consistently and correctly
- Observe all work and craft rules outlined in company
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Report any and all
accidents, safety hazards or potential safety hazards
- Adhere to the dress code, grooming and hygiene standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional presentation of
- Attend all mandatory department meetings and training
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 2+ years culinary education.
- 5+ years' experience in similar position; luxury experience
- Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends
and on holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and reach.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Keywords: United Supermarkets, LLC, Lubbock , Executive Chef - Performing Arts and Sciences - Buddy Holly Hall, Hospitality & Tourism , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!