Food Service Attendant - Food and Nutrition Services - Covenant Medical Center
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Covenant Health is seeking a Part-time, Evening
Shift Food Service Attendant with the Food and Nutrition Department
at Covenant Medical Center. Job Summary: Performs patient/ customer
food service functions involving, food purchasing, storage, and
preparation. Under direct supervision. Essential Functions:
- Follow policies and procedures pertinent to job, department,
- Responsible for completion of daily tasks and duties pertaining
to assigned area.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to operate, and clean
food service equipment in designated area according to set
- Attends all required job related, department, and hospital
in-services and education programs.
- Food and Nutrition/ Dishroom:
- Properly cleans and stores all small wares. (plates,
- Transports equipment between kitchen, and dishroom.
- Demonstrates knowledge and operation of dishroom
- Maintains dish machine temperature log, and communicates
problems to supervisor immediately.
- Food and Nutrition/ Host/Hostess:
- Assembles, and delivers trays according to therapeutic diet and
- Retrieves all assigned patient trays; documents percent of
meals consumed and cc's of fluid consumed. Communicates concerns
with nursing and immediate supervisors.
- Maintains nursing unit floor stock per pars, with adjustments
as patient census changes, and passes appropriate snacks to
designated patients/nursing floors.
- Communicates all problems regarding patient meal service, to
immediate supervisor, manager, and Clinical Dietitian.
- Food and Nutrition/ Storeroom Porter:
- Check-in delivery put all products in proper places.
- Responsible for dating all products.
- Responsible for cleaning the storeroom and walk-in freezer and
- Responsible for keeping the back dock clean.
- Fill requisitions department requisitions and delivering
product when needed.
- Food and Nutrition/ Cart Transport:
- Assists with cart preparation and transport of patient meals to
nursing unit in a timely manner and according to department
- Accurately delivers patient meal trays per department policy
- Sanitizes assigned equipment daily.
- Transports equipment between kitchen, patient nursing units,
- Food and Nutrition/ Vending Aide:
- Responsible for filling all machines to par level.
- All machines must be cleaned and in operating conditions.
- Responsible for delivering drinks and snacks to certain
- Keep inventory of all products such as drinks, snacks and
- Keep all Breakmates stocked and clean.
- Responsible for collecting money from machines and turning into
the hospital vault.
- Quality is consistent.
- Food and Nutrition/ Sanitation Aide:
- To coordinate and accomplish all scheduled cleaning using the
department daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Sanitizes equipment shelving, storage areas, walls and
- Maintains sanitation standards within production areas.
- Quality of work is consistent.
- Knowledge of equipment and cleaning products.
- Menu Management:
- Distribute appropriate menus to all patients in the hospital
according to their respective therapeutic diet.
- Help patients that may need assistance filling out their
- Ensure that all menus are completed and returned to the diet
- Be able to work with patients of various age groups.
- Communicate all problems regarding patient's menus to immediate
supervisor, manager, or clinical dietitian. About Providence At
Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for
me, ease my way." Working at our family of organizations means that
regardless of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your career,
supporting you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class
benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is
valued, and everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together,
our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals,
over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health and social services
across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: SR353929 Company: Covenant Jobs Job Category: Food
Preparation/Service Job Function: Operations Schedule: Part time
Shift: Evening Career Track: Admin Support Department: 8009 DIETARY
TX CMCL LUBBOCK SOUTH 1 Address: TX Lubbock 3615 19th St Covenant
Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender,
disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lubbock , Food Service Attendant - Food and Nutrition Services - Covenant Medical Center, Hospitality & Tourism , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!