Director of Food and Beverage
Company: Texas Tech Club The
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Director of Food & Beverage at The Director of Food & Beverages'
primary purpose is to assure all Food and Beverage operations and
Member services are coordinated to exceed Member expectations while
achieving the Clubs revenue and profit objectives. The benchmarks
for a successful Director of Food & Beverage are growth in Member
usage and food and beverage revenues reduction in Member attrition
the maintenance of all quality standards for service, production,
cleanliness, and safety employee relations and staff development
all measured by growth in Net Revenues from Operations. Also
responsible for the direction, development, and training of all
service personnel, to maintain a high level of service as well as
ensure that the Club adheres to the standards that have been set
forth by ClubCorp. Reports Directly to the General Manager, also
reporting to Regional Director, Stadium Clubs. Directly Supervise
all food and beverage staff, front, and heart of the house unless
the Executive Chef reports to the General Manager. Indirectly
Supervises staff in other departments such as House Maintenance,
etc. Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Food and beverage cost controls and operating procedures.
- Menu design.
- Large Banquet setup and operation a must.
- Marketing and promotions.
- Wine, spirits, and bar operations.
- Point-of-sales systems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Polished, professional appearance and presentation.
- Manage stress and time.
- Build a team, train, and maintain employee teams.
- Effective communication through all department levels and
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during
emergency situations. Day to Day:
- Maintain exceptional Member Relations and facilities by
creating a quality environment through staffing, programming,
service operations, maintenance.
- Develop aggressive Food Beverage sales, marketing, and net
revenue plans and direct successful implementation, following
established ClubCorp budgeting and revenue guidelines.
- Identify opportunities for Member events and food and beverage
services that satisfy ongoing Member needs and implement to achieve
- Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close
monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll
ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized.
- Work with the Member committees to develop and implement Member
activities and events.
- Communicate with Members on both group and individual basis to
ensure the Club is exceeding their expectations.
- Works closely with Membership Director, Golf Course
Superintendent, Head Golf Profession and Private Event Director,
and Marketing to provide direction and input on all matters
relating to F&B operations for their specific areas.
- Recruit, select, and develop a qualified staff of Service
Excellence Employees to understand the relationships between value,
Member service, and satisfaction, and Member
- Develop Employees for career advancement using Performance
Review Systems, Cross Training, and Developmental Planning.
- Hire quality Employees. Ensure that pre-employment screening,
background checks, and the interview process are properly
completed. Administer appropriate compensation packages for Club
Employees in conjunction with labor laws. Ensure appropriate
onboarding takes place.
- Create an excellent work environment, centered upon teamwork
and mutual respect that is expected to focus upon Member
Satisfaction and the 3 Steps of Service while producing the Clubs
- Implement and effectively execute specific training programs
timely and consistently to ensure Club staff is providing Members
with quality service and product.
- Responsible for the scheduling and/or directing the scheduling
of all service personnel and the budgeting of labor costs. Ensure
controls on-time reporting via the time management systems are in
place by computing the total hours and making sure the times are
accurate by both the Employee Partners and the supervisor. Ensure
Employees are adhering to mandated policies and procedures as
outlined in the Time Management Policy.
- Attend and lead as required all Department Head staff meetings,
Food Beverage meetings, as well as hold weekly service training
meetings and special training sessions when needed. Perform line-up
twice daily going over the events of the day and Menu items.
- Partner with fellow Employees to provide the 3 Steps of Service
(Warm Welcomes, Magic Moments, and Fond Farewells) to all
- Ensure service recovery programs are in place, the staff is
properly trained to execute, and being properly utilized as set
forth by management. All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the company's operation,
it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of
different functions therefore, as an essential part of your
position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion
arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you.
Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed
or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club, and department written
mandatory standards of operations, policies, and procedures,
manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up
the essential functions of the job.
- Attend all Department Head, Food and Beverage, Private Events,
and General Staff meetings.
- Continuously improve Member satisfaction through programming,
pricing, promotions, and compliance with ClubCorp standards of
operations and training.
- Where applicable, oversee side work duties assigned to FB staff
and general housekeeping for all F&B outlets.
- Initiate and control a wine/beverage sales incentive for the
service team on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- In addition, maintain the required ClubCorp Standards of
Operations by helping in controlling labor costs, linen costs,
miscellaneous F&B expenses, etc. About you:
- 5+ years in Club management or related field in Food Beverage
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Food Handlers Certificate, Alcohol Safety, STAR Service
Certification, STAR Trainer Certification, TABC Certification, and
CPR Certification preferred
- Responsible for up to million to multi-million-dollar business.
Errors in judgment regarding expense allocation could seriously
affect the profit/loss position of their departments
- Deals with highly confidential material (i.e. Member/Employee
- Service STAR Training, Alcohol Management
- Computer literacy required/Spreadsheet knowledge required.
Computer skills, good communication skills, ability to be a strong
- Professional indoor office/Club environment
Keywords: Texas Tech Club The, Lubbock , Director of Food and Beverage, Hospitality & Tourism , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!