Academic Family Medicine Position with OB
Company: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Lubbock, Texas. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Academic Family Medicine Position with OB
Lubbock, TexasThe Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock is searching for a board certified or eligible physician (requisition number 15812BR) to join the Department of Family Medicine. Academic rank will depend on clinical and academic experience. This position offers a flexible work/life balance, a comfortable call schedule, and excellent clinical opportunities.Department of Family Medicine-The Department of Family and Community Medicine provides high quality health care and educational experiences. Working as a team of healthcare providers and educators, we advance a unique model of patient care characterized by comprehensive and integrated care of the whole person over time, tailored to the individual's values and choices, care of all ages, socio-economic statuses, ethnicities, health statuses, and all genders, wellness and prevention, and relationships based on open communication. The successful candidate will work with learners within the med school, residency program, and three fellowship programs (Geriatrics, Palliative Care, and Sports Medicine).Position Details The primary clinical practice is located at the Texas Tech Medical Pavilion.
- Practice full spectrum Family Medicine with Obstetrics in an outpatient clinic
- Teach residents and medical students
- Call: Average of 6 weeks/year on inpatient service. OB call is shared by 9 faculty members. OB faculty are on call average of 23 weekdays/year and 18 weekend days/year.
- Joining 22 physician faculty members, 3 PhD faculty, and 2 nurse practitioners
Lubbock - Lubbock is a growing educational, commercial, medical and cultural center with a college-town atmosphere. The metropolitan population is made up of 300K, with a catchment area of over 1 million. Lubbockites live in mild seasonal conditions with an average of 267 days of sunshine per year. Residents enjoy an easy-going lifestyle with low housing costs, wineries, unique restaurants, cultural centers, bars and boutiques, and a drive of less than 25 minutes to anywhere in the city. Lubbock also has great public and private school systems and over 66 public parks, resulting in a very family-friendly atmosphere.Apply online: Please direct all questions to Sarah Harris, FASPR, TTUHSC Director of Faculty Recruitment
- As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran. Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock , Academic Family Medicine Position with OB, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!