Registered Nurse/ER Full Time Nights - ED - Emergency Department
Company: Lubbock Heart Hospital
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Registered Nurse/ER Full Time Nights
JOIN OUR TEAM!!!
Are you looking to be one of the team? To be part of the family and
not just another number? Are you looking for a positive work
environment where teamwork and diversity are key?
We value your contributions. Every role in our hospital has an
impact on each of our patients. We work hard to make sure our
employees love their work here. Many have been with us from the
very beginning. Because we're physician-owned, we understand the
value of having a well-trained, well-resourced staff. When it comes
to procedural healthcare, experience matters.
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital is committed to providing better
outcomes for our employees!
* Great Benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental, PTO & 401K
* Individually Tailored 6-12 Week Orientation
* Opportunities for Advancement
* Career Ladder for RNs, LVNs, & CSTs
* Consumer discounts through Perks
* Family Atmosphere
* Opportunity for Multi-Unit Training
* Free CEUs through Cornerstone, our online training system
* Eligible for up to $20,000.00 sign on stipend.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to join
our Lubbock Heart team.
What You Will do in this Role:
* Assess the physical, biophysical and health education needs of
adolescent, adult, and geriatric acute care patients.
* Gather pertinent patient care data using all available
* Establish a nursing plan of care, including pertinent measurable
short and long-term goals for adolescents, adult and geriatric
acute care patients.
* Prepare a plan for discharge and follow-up appropriate to both
patient and family needs.
* Participate with the responsible supervisor to develop monthly
* Implement interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs of
adolescent, adult and geriatric acute care patients.
* Safely and accurately administer medications commonly used in
acute care nursing units.
* Provide patient and family education for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients and their family/caregivers.
* Provide appropriate and safe interventions in emergency
situations commonly experienced by acute care patients.
* Perform basic patient care procedures for adolescents, adult and
geriatric acute care patients, as required by the specific nursing
* Communicate with members of the health care team and other
appropriate parties as necessary in the delivery of care.
* Document nursing care to maintain an accurate and legal medical
* Operate specialized equipment included in the acute care unit
* Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients.
* Manage the care of patients undergoing procedures requiring
analgesia, sedation and anesthesia.
* May participate on department and hospital committees; and
provide in-service training to hospital staff.
* Attend meetings as required
* Utilize special knowledge of age-specific differences in acute
care patients to recognize changes in patient status.
* Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI
* Follow OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
* Serve as relief Charge Nurse as needed or instructed by Nursing
What Qualifications You Will Need:
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
* BSN preferred
* Currently licensed in the state of Texas.
* BCLS and ACLS required.
* 2-5 years' experience
Your Shift: Full Time Nights
* Flexible Scheduling
* No mandatory overtime
* Career Ladder
* Sign on Bonus for qualified candidates
Eligible for up to $20,000.00 sign on stipend.
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital specializes in the care of
cardiac, orthopedic, nephrology, urology, and general medical
patients. We are also a highly active inpatient center mainly
centered on surgical procedures that include cardiothoracic,
orthopedic, urology, and general surgery. We have a 24-hour
Emergency Department with 5 fully equipped ED rooms, 4 fully
operating OR rooms, 4 cardiac catherization labs with 1
electrophysiology room, 11-day surgery rooms, 58 acute care beds
spread over three units, and 16 cardiac critical care rooms. We
pride ourselves on giving the best overall care possible to our
patients and on our family style atmosphere that includes everyone:
patients and their families, physicians, and our employees.
Keywords: Lubbock Heart Hospital, Lubbock , Registered Nurse/ER Full Time Nights - ED - Emergency Department, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!