Registered Nurse/Acute Care
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: February 10, 2024
DescriptionJOIN OUR TEAM!!!
Are you looking to be one of the team? To be part of the family and
not just another number? Are you looking for a positive work
environment where teamwork and diversity are key?
We value your contributions. Every role in our hospital has an
impact on each of our patients. We work hard to make sure our
employees love their work here. Many have been with us from the
very beginning. Because we're physician-owned, we understand the
value of having a well-trained, well-resourced staff. When it comes
to procedural healthcare, experience matters.
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital is committed to providing better
outcomes for our employees!
- Great Benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental, PTO & 401K
- Individually Tailored 6-12 Week Orientation
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Career Ladder for RNs, LVNs, & CSTs
- Consumer discounts through Perks
- Family Atmosphere
- Opportunity for Multi-Unit Training
- Free CEUs through Cornerstone, our online training system
Eligible for up to $20,000.00 sign on stipend.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to join
our Lubbock Heart team.
What You Will do in this Role:
- Assesses the physical, biophysical and health education needs
of adolescent, adult, and geriatric acute care patients.
- Gathers pertinent patient care data using all available
- Establishes a nursing plan of care, including pertinent
measurable short and long-term goals for adolescents, adult and
geriatric acute care patients.
- Prepares a plan for discharge and follow-up appropriate to both
patient and family needs.
- Participates with the responsible supervisor to develop monthly
- Implements interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs
of adolescent, adult and geriatric acute care patients.
- Safely and accurately administer medications commonly used in
acute care nursing units.
- Provides patient and family education for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients and their family/caregivers.
- Provides appropriate and safe interventions in emergency
situations commonly experienced by acute care patients.
- Performs basic patient care procedures for adolescents, adult
and geriatric acute care patients, as required by the specific
- Communicates with members of the health care team and other
appropriate parties as necessary in the delivery of care.
- Documents nursing care to maintain an accurate and legal
- Operates specialized equipment included in the acute care unit
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment for
- Manages the care of patients undergoing procedures requiring
analgesia, sedation and anesthesia.
- May participate on department and hospital committees; and
provide in-service training to hospital staff.
- Attends meetings as required
- Utilizes special knowledge of age-specific differences in acute
care patients to recognize changes in patient status.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
- Serves as relief Charge Nurse as needed or instructed by
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Currently licensed in the state of Texas.
- BSN preferred.
- BCLS and ACLS required.
- 2-5 years' experience in cardiac care setting and prior
supervisory experience required.
Your Shift: Full Time Nights
- Flexible Scheduling
- No mandatory overtime
- Career Ladder
- Sign on Bonus for qualified candidates
Lubbock Heart & Surgical Hospital specializes in the care of
cardiac, orthopedic, nephrology, urology, and general medical
patients. We are also a highly active inpatient center mainly
centered on surgical procedures that include cardiothoracic,
orthopedic, urology, and general surgery. We have a 24-hour
Emergency Department with 5 fully equipped ED rooms, 4 fully
operating OR rooms, 4 cardiac catherization labs with 1
electrophysiology room, 11-day surgery rooms, 58 acute care beds
spread over three units, and 16 cardiac critical care rooms. We
pride ourselves on giving the best overall care possible to our
patients and on our family style atmosphere that includes everyone:
patients and their families, physicians, and our employees.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Lubbock , Registered Nurse/Acute Care, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!