Mental Health and Performance Clinician
Company: Texas Tech University
Posted on: February 7, 2024
Mental Health and Performance Clinician
Work within an interdisciplinary team to provide mental and
behavioral health services, applied sport and performance
psychology services, and educational programming to
student-athletes on behalf of Texas Tech Athletics.
About the Department and/or College
Texas Tech Athletics has a commitment to serving and working with
diverse populations and demonstrated alignment with the
University's strategic priorities and values-based culture.
Mental and Behavioral Health Services (60%)
- Provide evidence-based treatments for a wide array of mental
and behavioral health concerns.
- Conduct mental health risk assessments for acute issues.
- Conduct indicated objective psychological assessments to inform
clinical treatment plans.
- Collaborate with Health and Wellness Staff and other Athletics
- Demonstrate sensitivity and competency in working with the full
range of diverse groups.
- Create, based on student-athlete interest, and facilitate group
- Administer student-athlete entrance and annual mental and
behavioral health screenings.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with
colleagues, coaches, student-athletes, physicians, and staff.
- Compliance and understanding of Big 12 Conference and NCAA
- Ability to follow policies and procedures set forth by Texas
Tech University and Texas Tech University Athletics
DepartmentApplied Sport and Performance Psychology Services (30%)
- Teach mental skills topics to student-athletes via workshops
and individual sessions.
- Consult with coaching staff to enhance their knowledge of
mental skills and identify team needs.
- Collaborate with other Athletics staff to create optimal
performance enhancement strategies.Psychoeducational Programming
- Develop and provide workshops and presentations to
student-athletes and staff on identified topics.
- Create digital content for various platforms and other
Doctorate in Psychology, Master's Degree in Psychology, Counseling,
or Social Work. Licensed as a mental health professional in the
State of Texas or license eligible. Five years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Licensed as a mental health professional in the state of Texas
or license eligible.
- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Certified Mental Health Performance Clinician
- Demonstrate training in applied sport and performance
- Knowledge and compliance of relevant state and federal policies
- Knowledge of relevant NCAA, University, and Athletics
Department rules, regulations, and policies.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience providing mental and behavioral health services in
medical or rehabilitation settings.
- Experience in the identification and treatment of a wide array
of mental health disorders or issues that impact athlete
- Demonstrate a commitment to evidence-based practices and high
- Strong skills in multidisciplinary collaboration,
communication, and team-based healthcare
- Experience with clinical outcome-based measurement and training
in scientist-practitioner model
Adherence to robust safety practices and compliance with all
applicable health and safety regulations are responsibilities of
all TTU employees.
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Cover Letter, Professional/Personal References, Resume / CV
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the
individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring
department, as well as the institutional pay plan. For additional
information, please reference the institutional pay plan by
Up to 50%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information or status as a protected
Keywords: Texas Tech University, Lubbock , Mental Health and Performance Clinician, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!