Company: Lubbock Independent School District
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Dupre Academy High School
Job Title: Teacher Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal Pay Grade: Teacher Salary Schedule
Dept./School: PreK - 12 Length of Contract: 10.0/10.5/11.5 mos.
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and
experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and
social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills
to function successfully in society.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or
required training for subject and level assigned
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one-year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the
requirements of district's curriculum program and show written
evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of
the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results
to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify
curricula as needed for special education students according to
guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional
goals, objectives, and methods according to district
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through
formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as
assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of
school district. Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of
Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other
instructional materials. Communication
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting
conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students,
parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly. Professional Growth and
- Participate in staff development activities to improve
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school
regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized
reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required. General Employee Requirements:
- Support and align work with the mission, vision, and beliefs of
- Follow and support board policies in areas of related
- Ensure district resources are managed effectively to maximize
resources for student learning.
- Share in the development and implementation of district success
- Actively participate in ongoing development to improve work
quality and district contribution.
- Model integrity, work ethic, and professionalism as a suitable
example for LISD students. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s). Working Conditions:
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing,
stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of
textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required.
Approved by Date
Reviewed by Date
Keywords: Lubbock Independent School District, Lubbock , Language Lab, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!