Internal Medicine Opportunity - Lubbock, TX
Company: Permanent Placement Resources, LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
UMC Physicians, a leading healthcare provider in Lubbock, Texas,
is seeking a skilled and compassionate Internal Medicine Physician
to join our team. As an Internal Medicine Physician, you will play
a vital role in providing comprehensive primary care services to
our diverse patient population.
- We are looking for an outpatient internal med physician
- The clinic would be at the UMC Medical Office Plaza with Dr.
McPherson (this clinic is steps away from the hospital)
- Each clinic typically has 2 physicians, 2-3 APPs, lab rad, and
- You would have dedicated exam rooms and a dedicated office
- Cerner EMR
- Clinic hours: Monday through Thursday 8-5pm; Friday
- Patient load of around 3 patients/hour.
- Hospital coverage: 25 days out of the year to cover Dr.
McPherson's vacation days (some weekends). This includes the
- Visiting with New Admissions.
- Managing/overseeing x2 Hospitalist APPs
- Must make a single rond on New admissions. May round on all
patients at Physician's discretion.
- Meet with team at noon to discuss patient care.
- Must be available by phone to assist APPs 24hrs
- APPs perform H&Ps and daily progress notes. Covering
physician only needs to approve/sign treatment plan.
- On-call is dependent on day of coverage. Two versions of call
- "assigned days" - On-Call as an admitter, 24hrs (call volume
low on this day)
- "unassigned days" - On-call as an admitter, starts 12am-3pm
(call volume can potentially be high). An APP "evening admitter"
will cover evenings 3pm-12am.
- UMC Physicians is the clinic group for UMC Hospital which is a
500-bed regional referral center with level 1 trauma, regional burn
center, cancer center, & children s hospital. Affiliated with Texas
Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Located in Lubbock, TX (pop. 323K), growing, strong economy,
low cost of living, thriving arts & culture, strong academics,
airport, collegiate athletics
- 425,000 patients per year
- Top 4% in nation for employee satisfaction
- Guardian of Excellence (Press Ganey)
- Best Company to Work for in Texas Thank you for your
consideration. Please let me know if you have an interest in this
location/opportunity and I'll facilitate getting you additional
PPR Search Consultant Apply Here Apply Here
Keywords: Permanent Placement Resources, LLC, Lubbock , Internal Medicine Opportunity - Lubbock, TX, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!