Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma/Burn Services Coordinator and Registrar (FT M-F 8-5 and as needed)
Company: UMC Health Systems
Posted on: September 20, 2023
We've learned that what is best for patients is also best for
employees. Learn more about why we are one of the Best Companies to
Work for in Texas . Registered Nurse Trauma and Burn Services
Coordinator and Registrar
1. The Trauma and Burn Service Department scope of service is to
provide a professional and supportive trauma and burn care delivery
system that assists the patient in achieving and maintaining an
optimal level of wellness and health.
2. Provides oversight and facilitation of the optimal care of the
trauma and burn patient throughout the continuum of care.
3. Responsible for monitoring and implementing standards set by the
American College of Surgeons, Texas Department of State Health
Services, and the American Burn Association to maintain four
distinct centers: Level 1 Trauma Center, Regional Burn Center,
Pediatric Trauma and the Geriatric Trauma Centers (as a subset of
the Level 1 Trauma Center)
4. Establish and maintain the efficient operation of the trauma and
burn registry, entering and analyzing registry data, ensuring data
quality; planning, organizing, and coordinating professional
5. Assumes responsibility for data collection, both abstracting and
analyzing, data entry, and data completion for the trauma and burn
6. Completes data submission to national, state, and regional
agencies as set by the trauma and burn standards.
7. Utilizes collected trauma data for performance improvement and
8. Maintains set standards for data collection and entry as
established by the National Trauma Data Set (NTDS) and National
Burn Repository (NBR).
9. Proficient computer skills.
10. Reports to the Director of the Trauma and Burn Service
Department and Assistant Director/PI Coordinator.
11. Services include:
o Performance Improvement
o Outreach and Education
o Injury Prevention
o Trauma and Burn Registry
o Emergency Preparedness
12. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently while
managing a heavy workload. Additionally, must build relationships
and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team to improve
outcomes, systems and processes.
Graduation from Accredited School of Nursing
Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
Specialty Certification Preferred
Within 1 year must obtain TNCC, ATCN and ABLS Certification.
Instructor status desired.
BSN required or must obtain within 3 years. UMC Health System
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Request for accommodations in the hire process should be directed
to UMC Human Resources.
Keywords: UMC Health Systems, Lubbock , Registered Nurse (RN) Trauma/Burn Services Coordinator and Registrar (FT M-F 8-5 and as needed), Healthcare , Post, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!