Registered Nurse/Acute Care
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionLHSH Acute Care: Full Time Days
Your Essential Job Functions
- Assesses the physical, biophysical and health education needs
of adolescent, adult, and geriatric acute care patients.
- Gathers pertinent patient care data using all available
- Establishes a nursing plan of care, including pertinent
measurable short and long-term goals for adolescents, adult and
geriatric acute care patients.
- Prepares a plan for discharge and follow-up appropriate to both
patient and family needs.
- Participates with the responsible supervisor to develop monthly
- Implements interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs
of adolescent, adult and geriatric acute care patients.
- Safely and accurately administer medications commonly used in
acute care nursing units.
- Provides patient and family education for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients and their family/caregivers.
- Provides appropriate and safe interventions in emergency
situations commonly experienced by acute care patients.
- Performs basic patient care procedures for adolescents, adult
and geriatric acute care patients, as required by the specific
- Communicates with members of the health care team and other
appropriate parties as necessary in the delivery of care.
- Documents nursing care to maintain an accurate and legal
- Operates specialized equipment included in the acute care unit
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment for
- Manages the care of patients undergoing procedures requiring
analgesia, sedation and anesthesia.
- May participate on department and hospital committees; and
provide in-service training to hospital staff.
- Attends meetings as required
- Utilizes special knowledge of age-specific differences in acute
care patients to recognize changes in patient status.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
- Serves as relief Charge Nurse as needed or instructed by
Minimum Education and Experience
Board Eligible Graduate nurse or Associate's degree from an
accredited two-year college or university, or diploma in nursing.
BSN desired. At least two years of cardiac care experience.
- Flexible Scheduling
- No mandatory overtime
- Career Ladder
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Lubbock , Registered Nurse/Acute Care, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!