Licensed Vocational Nurse/Acute Care
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 23, 2023
DescriptionShift: Full Time Days
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for the provision of
nursing care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve
the goals of the hospital as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Assists the Registered Nurse to assess the nursing care needs
of adolescent, adult, and geriatric acute care patients.
- Gathers pertinent patient care data using all available
- Implements and collaborates with the RN to carry out nursing
plan of care for adolescents, adult and geriatric acute care
- Implements interventions within the scope of practice of the
State Nurse Practice Act that are appropriate to the age specific
needs of adolescent, adult and geriatric acute care
- Safely and accurately administer medications commonly used in
acute care nursing units.
- Provides patient and family education for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients and their family/caregivers.
- Provides appropriate and safe interventions in emergency
situations commonly experienced by acute care patients.
- Performs basic patient care procedures for adolescents, adult
and geriatric acute care patients, as required by the specific
- Communicates with members of the health care team and other
appropriate parties as necessary in the delivery of care.
- Documents nursing care to maintain an accurate and legal
- Operates specialized equipment included in the acute care unit
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment for
- Participates in the delivery of care to patients requiring the
use of restrictive measures.
- Participates in the care of patients undergoing procedures
requiring analgesia, sedation and anesthesia.
- May participate on department and hospital committees.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Utilizes special knowledge of age-specific differences in acute
care patients to recognize changes in patient status.
- Observes, records, and reports significant changes that require
intervention or changes in the patient's plan of care.
- Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Two years of experience in cardiac care.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Current LVN licensure in the state of Texas.
- BCLS required, ACLS preferred.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know the definitions of fundamental computer terms related to
applications software and desktop PC's
- Know how to open, read, and respond to email
- Know how to manage electronic files
- Know how to print electronic documents and reports
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Lubbock , Licensed Vocational Nurse/Acute Care, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!