Graduate Nurse Acute Care RN - Acute Care
Company: Lubbock Heart Hospital
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Graduate Nurse Acute Care RNLHSH Acute Care: Full Time Days 7a -
$10,000.00 Sign-On Bonus for Qualified Candidates
This position qualifies for the LHSH Employee Referral Program
Your Essential Job Functions
* Assesses the physical, biophysical and health education needs of
adolescent, adult, and geriatric acute care patients.
* Gathers pertinent patient care data using all available
* Establishes a nursing plan of care, including pertinent
measurable short and long-term goals for adolescents, adult and
geriatric acute care patients.
* Prepares a plan for discharge and follow-up appropriate to both
patient and family needs.
* Participates with the responsible supervisor to develop monthly
* Implements interventions appropriate to the age-specific needs of
adolescent, adult and geriatric acute care patients.
* Safely and accurately administer medications commonly used in
acute care nursing units.
* Provides patient and family education for adolescent, adult and
geriatric patients and their family/caregivers.
* Provides appropriate and safe interventions in emergency
situations commonly experienced by acute care patients.
* Performs basic patient care procedures for adolescents, adult and
geriatric acute care patients, as required by the specific nursing
* Communicates with members of the health care team and other
appropriate parties as necessary in the delivery of care.
* Documents nursing care to maintain an accurate and legal medical
* Operates specialized equipment included in the acute care unit
* Assists in maintaining a safe environment for patients.
* Manages the care of patients undergoing procedures requiring
analgesia, sedation and anesthesia.
* May participate on department and hospital committees; and
provide in-service training to hospital staff.
* Attends meetings as required
* Utilizes special knowledge of age-specific differences in acute
care patients to recognize changes in patient status.
* Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI
* Follows OSHA and other standards for protection against blood
* Serves as relief Charge Nurse as needed or instructed by Nursing
Minimum Education and Experience
Board Eligible Graduate nurse or Associate's degree from an
accredited two-year college or university, or diploma in nursing.
BSN desired. At least two years of cardiac care experience.
* Flexible Scheduling
* No mandatory overtime
* Career Ladder
* Sign On Bonus available (if applicable)
Keywords: Lubbock Heart Hospital, Lubbock , Graduate Nurse Acute Care RN - Acute Care, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!