RN Circulator/ LHSH OR - Lubbock, TX - OR Circulate
Company: Lubbock Heart Hospital
Posted on: November 22, 2022
RN Circulator/ LHSH OR - Lubbock, TXLHSH OR: Full Time
$10,000.00 Sign-On Bonus for Qualified Candidates
This position qualifies for the LHSH Employee Referral Program
Ensures proper performance and maintenance of the Operating Room,
assesses patient needs, provides a safe surgical environment while
circulating, promotes good patient care, and performs other related
-- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists the physician in managing diagnostic and interventional
procedures and providing continuity of care.
- Observes and documents physiologic monitoring data and initiate
- Addresses the psychosocial needs of the patient and
- Accurately and efficiently documents patient data and charges
on the patient record.
- Safely and appropriately administers medication and IV
solutions while demonstrating accountability for tracking
- Checks patient chart for pertinent data and performs patient
- Adheres to protocol designed to reduce radiation
- Maintains the availability of inventory and medications based
on anticipated needs; checks expiration dates and package
- Identifies and utilizes the opportunity for professional growth
and employee development.
- Assures and assists with safe patient transport to other
departments as needed.
- Assists in the assessment of the department's efficiency by
participating in quality improvement process.
- Additional Duties as assigned:
- Review charts for accurate charges and procedures.
- Perform data entry for statistical analysis and file in the
- Patient implant device data entry.
- Perform weekly narcotic audit per protocol.
- On call duties as follows:
- Notify on Call staff.
- Adhere to protocol for appropriate response time, patient
transport and procedure set up in a timely manner.
- Notify physician.
-- MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current BCLS and ACLS Certification required.
- 2 years Critical Care experience.
-- LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Current licensure as a nurse in the state of Texas.
-- MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Possess knowledge of the theories, techniques and practices of
professional nursing and coronary care nursing.
- Know the definitions of fundamental computer terms related to
applications software and desktop PC's
- Know how to open, read, and respond to email
- Know how to manage electronic files
- Know how to print electronic documents and reports
-- ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work in a temperature controlled environment.
- Potential for contact with chemicals, blood borne pathogens,
and exposure to infectious disease.
- Able to lift 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques several
times during shift.
Keywords: Lubbock Heart Hospital, Lubbock , RN Circulator/ LHSH OR - Lubbock, TX - OR Circulate, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!