RN Nurse Manager ASC Outpatient Surgery - OR - Operating Room
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: September 19, 2022
RN Nurse Manager ASC Outpatient SurgeryJob Description Lubbock,
Texas Job ID R0021895
This is a working nurse position. The ASC charge nurse is expected
to cover staffing shortages as needed, including preop, operating
room, and PACU.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Works with the Facility Manager, facility staff and physician to
coordinate the facility operations and patient procedures to ensure
provision of quality patient care on a daily basis in accordance
with FMCNA policies, procedures and training. Provides nursing
support to patients and staff. Assist with staffing, staff
training, equipment, physician and patient relations, cost
containment, supply management, medical records, patient billing,
OSHA and all company, state and federal compliance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for supporting and driving FMCNA quality standards
through meeting regulatory requirements and the practice of
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), including use of FMCNA CQI
* Accountable for outstanding quality of patient care, as defined
by the FMCNA quality goals, by working with the Vice President of
Quality and other FMCNA management to ensure that FMCNA/ASC
policies and procedures are followed.
* Responsible for aggressively addressing and acting on adverse
events and action thresholds.
* Complies with all data collections and auditing activities and
maintains integrity of medical records and other FMCNA
administrative and operational records.
* Supervises and directs facility staff in providing safe and
effective vascular access procedures to patients in compliance with
standards outlined in the facility policy and procedures manuals,
as well as regulations set forth by the company, federal and state
* Assigns and delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff,
including Staff RNs, Radiology Technologists, Front Desk
Coordinator and Porter.
* Ensures adequate staffing through daily management of staff's
schedule, including breaks.
* Assess daily patient needs and develop/distribute patient care
* Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques
and adherence to facility policy and procedures and assist as
* Recommends and initiates disciplinary action in conjunction with
the Facility Manager.
* Assists Facility Manager with staff performance evaluations.
* Participates in selection, orientation and training of staff as
* Performs and sets-up in-services regarding equipment, supplies
and clinical for all staff.
* Coordinates all aspects of patient care with the appropriate
staff members, from admission through discharge.
* Ensures patients and patient's families are educated regarding
pre and post procedure care of vascular access.
* Ensures patient's procedures are scheduled in a timely manner and
the facility capacity is utilized efficiently.
* As needed, assist with patient workflow, including providing
direct patient care and monitoring pre, intra and post
* Oversees and ensures accurate and complete documentation of
patient treatments from admission to discharge.
* Confirms written orders, consents and lab work are completed and
documented in accordance with facility policies. This includes
appropriate preparation of lab requisitions, delivery to
appropriate labs, reporting and forwarding of lab results to
* Assumes primary responsibility in an emergency situation and must
maintain competency with all emergency operational procedures, and
initiate CPR and emergency measures as needed.
* Administers medications and IV conscious sedation to patients as
directed per physician's orders, and in compliance with company,
federal, state and local regulations.
* Attends and participates in Governing Body and CQI meetings with
physicians, assisting with meeting agenda and gathering of
data/material for meetings and reporting on assigned topics.
* Ensures appropriate operation of facility equipment and
technology, including but not limited, patient monitors,
defibrillators, medical recording devices and computers.
* Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary environment in the entire
vascular access facility at all times through regular inspection of
facility equipment and operation systems, reporting any
malfunctions or maintenance issues.
* Ensures all blood spills are immediately addressed according to
the FMCNA Bloodborne Pathogen Control Policies.
* Participates in cost control initiatives. Responsible for
efficient utilization of medication, laboratory, inventory,
supplies and equipment to achieve supply cost goals following all
guidelines established in the FMCNA formularies.
* Assists in the development and revision of any applicable
policies and procedures for the facility as directed to ensure
continuous process improvement.
* Initiates, documents and completes ongoing Continuous Quality
Improvement (CQI) activities including monthly reports and attend
meetings as required.
* Manages medications, including ordering, receiving, and inventory
control and checking for expired medications, including appropriate
recording of controlled substances as required by law.
* Oversees maintenance of usage logs for all medications with
appropriate documentation, as well as, records of drug
* Communicates with the pharmacist to assure medication accuracy,
including appropriate recording of controlled substances as
required by law.
* Ensures medical records are accurate, complete and in compliance
with FMCNA policies and procedures prior to discharge of the
patient. Performs chart audits on a regular basis.
* Participates in all facility regulatory and accreditation surveys
and action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
* Verifies records for all implanted devices are completed
accurately, timely and maintained according to records management
* Acts as the Facility Manager in the absence of the manager or at
the direction of FMCNA management.
* Complies with HIPPA policies and standards regarding patient
information and medical records.
* Maintain CLIA license with Facility Administrator.
* Other duties as assigned, within the scope of practice and state
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more
departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or
location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit
and Corporate meetings may be required.
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
* Facility direct patient care staff (Staff RNs, LPNs, Radiology
Technologist, Front Desk Coordinator, Porter)
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.)
* Current appropriate state licensure and ACLS certification.
* ASC certification preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Minimum of three years' experience in an Ambulatory Surgical
Center/Vascular Access Lab, or a combination of ASC, surgical,
Interventional Radiology and ICU/CCU experience.
* Minimum of three years of Interventional Radiology, scrub
* Supervisory or management experience within a medical or vascular
access environment preferred.
* Proficiency with the Microsoft office suite is necessary.
Experience with Medical database software.
* Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership
and supervision of facility personnel and to ensure the delivery of
maximum quality care to all patients.
* Good communication skills - verbal and written.
* Certified in CPR or successfully complete course in CPR
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Lubbock , RN Nurse Manager ASC Outpatient Surgery - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!