RN - part time (33470) - Med Surg
Company: GI Associates & Endoscopy Center
Posted on: August 6, 2022
RN - part time (33470)GI Alliance is seeking an experienced part
time Registered Nurse.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the
* Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient
confidentiality. Obtains and documents health history, information
on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and
assesses disease condition. Provides patient care based on practice
guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and
* Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response. Refers to/consults with
physicians, other health providers, and community resources to
prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates patients and
families about health status, health maintenance, and management of
acute and chronic conditions.
* Documents patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
* Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent
information. Posts tests and examination results.
* Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Other duties as directed or assigned.
EDUCATION: RN degree. Completion of nursing training from an
accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year professional nursing experience,
clinic and gastroenterology experience preferred.
Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred
REQUIREMENTS: Current state registered nurse license. Current CPR
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure,
and functions; and community resources. Understanding of health
care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state
law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies
* Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and
federal/state laws related to release of health care
* Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to maintain a
safe work environment.
* Skill and knowledge in applying and modifying the principles,
methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing
* Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking,
prioritizing, and medical care coordination.
* Skill in verbal and written communication.
* Skill in initiating appropriate crisis interventions and
emergency response calmly and effectively.
* Skill in patient triage in person and on the phone.
* Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and
responding to correspondence.
* Ability to analyze options and then counsel patients and families
about choices and make referrals to other providers and
* Ability to read and interpret physicians' orders and notes from
* Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections
and measure results.
* Ability to maintain quality control standards.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful
completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Keywords: GI Associates & Endoscopy Center, Lubbock , RN - part time (33470) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!