Associate Medical Assistant - Levelland South RHC - Covenant Levelland
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Covenant Health is seeking an On Call, Day shift Associate
Medical Assistant with the Levelland South RHC Department at
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive an
email or text message with additional questions from our Modern
The Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) works under the delegation
of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist
in providing basic patient care to assigned patients. Basic patient
care needs will be met though both administrative and clinical
duties. An Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) is expected to
perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and
record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as
height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as
appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform
required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, optic,
opthalmologic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including
combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or
perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate
to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results
(normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of
bio-hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for
practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as
directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments,
referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies,
- Works in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions
and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor
and/or the safety hotline.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Actively participate in continuing education and
clinic/location staff meetings and/or training.
- Assists with emergencies as needed under the direction of a
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
Minimum Position Qualification:
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of accredited school for medical
assistants and certificate.
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6
Licenses and Certifications:
- Required (AK, MT, OR, TX, NM): Incumbent must obtain
certification within 180 days of hire: National Certification
(AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP)
- AHA accredited BLS within 30 days of employment
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- 6 months prior experience providing a high level of customer
service in a fast paced environment.
- 6 months previous experience in a healthcare setting working
with an Electronic Health record (EHR)
Licenses and Certifications:
- Preferred upon hire (AK, MT, OR, TX, NM) - Active National
certification/registration AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a
Medical Assistant as a Medical Assistant
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock
and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health
system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200
people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of
providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole
person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we
are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West
Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important
Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that
covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area
covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Positions specified as "on call, per diem" refers to
employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis"
to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Health Care
Req ID: R356709
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lubbock , Associate Medical Assistant - Levelland South RHC - Covenant Levelland, Healthcare , Levelland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!