Patient Access Representative - Sleep Lab - Covenant Children's Hospital
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Shift Associate
Patient Access Representative with the Sleep Lab Department at
Covenant Medical Group of Lubbock. Job Summary: Under the direction
of the PAS manager, the Patient Access Representative is
responsible for assisting patients during the on-site registration
and arrival process for scheduled and unscheduled visits as well as
completing financial clearance functions. This individual completes
the registration for unscheduled visits by collecting accurate
demographic information, insurance information, and collecting
patient liability (if known) at the time of service. This
individual is also responsible for financial clearance functions on
assigned scheduled accounts during registration downtimes. In
addition, this individual is responsible for miscellaneous client
service activities including valuables collection and providing
basic customer service. The Patient Access Representative greets
and serves patients in a professional, friendly, and respectful
manner to promote positive encounters. Essential Functions:
- Perform full duties and task of an Associate Patient Access
- Assist patients with the financial assistance process to
- Read and understand patients insurance, eligibility and
- Understand the Authorization Policy and works with leadership
and physician's office to determine if the patient's procedure is
urgent/emergent for possible service deferral.
- Sends notifications to insurance companies on inpatient and
observation patients and communicates with Case Management if
clinicals are required and documents in Meditech notes.
- Confirm all procedures have required authorizations.
- Calculates patients liability, provides estimates, collect
patient portion and perform cashiering functions.
- Obtain all information necessary to perform benefits
verification for unscheduled visits.
- Coordinate with bed placement and ensure appropriate patient
type and status changes are performed in a timely manner.
- Assist patients with on site customer service functions (e.g.,
billing, medical records and collection inquires).
- Ability to close cash drawers and make deposits.
- Act as a knowledgeable resource on Patient Access for
department staff. (e.g., answer questions, assist with new
- Review own work for accuracy and completeness prior to end of
- Adhere to state and federal regulations.
- Meet productivity, point of service collections, and quality
goals/standards. Minimum Position Qualifications : Experience:
- 3 years Healthcare experience within Patient Access of Business
- Experience with insurance eligibility systems. Preferred
Position Qualifications: Experience :
- 5 years Registration experience. Covenant Health is celebrating
over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As
the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we
currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600
physicians. For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a
mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for
the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and
differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health
network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a
Christian ministry of healing. As an expression of our mission, we
believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and
treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters. Our ministry includes
six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds: Covenant Medical
Center - CMC Covenant Children's Covenant Specialty Covenant
Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture:
Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant
Health Partners Hospice of Lubbock Covenant Health's total service
area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and
eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000
people and approximately 35,000 square miles. Covenant provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions
specified as "on call, per diem" refers to employment consisting of
shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff
vacancies. Company: Covenant Health Category: Administrative
(Clinical) Req ID: R356195
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lubbock , Patient Access Representative - Sleep Lab - Covenant Children's Hospital, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!