Medical Assistant, Pediatric Orthopedics - *$2,000 Extended Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Shift Medical Assistant
with the Pediatric Orthopaedics Shared Department at Covenant
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
The Medical Assistant (MA II) works under the delegation of a
licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in
providing patient care to assigned patients. A Medical Assistant
(II) performs all aspects of the Associate Medical Assistant (MA I)
role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for
assigned clinic/location of work. An Medical Assistant (MA II) is
expected to perform in accordance with established policies,
procedures, and regulations.
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as
required for an Associate Medical Assistant (MA I).
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as
appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set
up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care
testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation
of all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio
hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and
sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain
equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient
- Demonstrates a commitment to education and sharing of
knowledge. Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as
a role model of best practices to others.
- Provides open and timely communication and information to
patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
Minimum Position Requeirements
- Coursework/Training Graduate of accredited school for medical
assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework,
experience/training to qualify to sit for a National Certification
- 6 months Healthcare experience
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Required upon hire and maintained (AK, MT, OR, TX, NM):
National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT,
or NAHP as a Medical Assistant
- AHA accredited BLS within 30 days of employment.
At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care
for me, ease my way." Working at our family of organizations means
that regardless of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your
career, supporting you so you can support others. We provide
best-in-class benefits and we foster an inclusive workplace where
diversity is valued, and everyone is essential, heard and
respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve
in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and a full range of health
and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico,
Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a comprehensive health care
organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices
and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor
Requsition ID: SR344673
Company: Covenant Jobs
Job Category: Patient Care (Non-Acute)
Job Function: Clinical Care
Schedule: Full time
Career Track: Clinical Support
Department: 8002 PEDIATRIC PEDI ORTHO SHARED
Address: TX Lubbock 3420 22nd Pl
Covenant Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lubbock , Medical Assistant, Pediatric Orthopedics - *$2,000 Extended Bonus*, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!