Medical Assistant, Dr. Lum *$2,000 Extended Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible external candidates who meet
all conditions for payment - this is in addition to the fantastic
benefits and compensation package offered by Providence that begin
on your first day of employment. Covenant Health is seeking a
Full-time, Day Shift Medical Assistant with the Nelson Lum MD Staff
Department at Covenant Medical Group. Apply Today! Applicants that
meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional
questions from our Modern Hire system. Job Summary : The Medical
Assistant (MA II) works under the delegation of a licensed
practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing
patient care to assigned patients. A Medical Assistant (MA II)
performs all aspects of the Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) role
and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned
clinic/location of work. An Medical Assistant (MA II) is expected
to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and
regulations Essential Functions:
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as
required for a Associate Medical Assistant (MA I).
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as
appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set
up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care
testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with valiadted
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documention of
all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of
biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and
sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain
equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for pracitioner and patient
- Demonstrates a commitment to education and sharing of
knowledge. Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as
a role model of best practices to others.
- Provides open and timely communication and information to
patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organzation and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
- Provides MA administrative and clinical support required to
deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit
platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the patients and the
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances,
instill trust in others while upholding the values of the
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and
verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with
colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local
laws relating to position and patient care.
- Complies with all applicable infection control and safety
- Increasingly expanded knowledge of principles and practices
governing MA role and the ability to apply them effectively.
- Performs delegated work with minimal oversight.
- Must possess expanded knowledge of vaccinations, medications,
their use, to include brand and generic names related to the
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple
tasks under pressure.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accountability with increasing
responsibilities. Minimum Position Qualifications: Education:
Coursework/Training - Graduate of accredited school for medical
assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework,
experience/training to qualify to sit for a National Certification
- 6 months Healthcare experience
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience Licenses and
- Effective 7/1/2021, all newly hired MA's must obtain National
certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
as a Medical Assistant within 18 month of hire date.
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2021, will have 18
months to obtain their National MA certification as listed
- Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited Preferred Position
Qualifications: Licenses and Certifications: Active national
certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
as a Medical Assistant. Covenant Health is celebrating over 100
years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest
and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently
employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600
physicians. For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a
mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for
the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and
differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health
network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a
Christian ministry of healing. As an expression of our mission, we
believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and
treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters. Our ministry includes
six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds: Covenant Medical
Center - CMC Covenant Children's Covenant Specialty Covenant
Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture:
Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant
Health Partners Hospice of Lubbock Covenant Health's total service
area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and
eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000
people and approximately 35,000 square miles. Covenant provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions
specified as "on call, per diem" refers to employment consisting of
shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff
vacancies. Company: Covenant Health Category: Other Licensed
Technicians Req ID: R357032
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lubbock , Medical Assistant, Dr. Lum *$2,000 Extended Bonus*, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!