Medical Assistant - Cardiology Associates *$2,000 Extended Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Covenant Health is seeking a full time, day shift
Medical Assistant with the Cardiology Associates D epartment at
Covenant Medical Group. Apply Today! Applicants that meet
qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions
from our Modern Hire system. Job Summary: The Medical Assistant (MA
II) works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to
perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to
assigned patients. A Medical Assistant (II) performs all aspects of
the Associate Medical Assistant (MA I) role and is fully competent
in the clinical needs/functions for assigned clinic/location of
work. An Medical Assistant (MA II) is expected to perform in
accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as
required for an Associate Medical Assistant (MA I).
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as
appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set
up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care
testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation
of all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio
hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and
sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain
equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for practitioner and patient
- Demonstrates a commitment to education and sharing of
knowledge. Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as
a role model of best practices to others.
- Provides open and timely communication and information to
patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization. Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Coursework/Training - Graduate of accredited school for medical
assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework,
experience/training to qualify to sit for a National Certification
exam Experience :
- 6 months Healthcare experience
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience Licenses/Certifications:
- Required upon hire and maintained (AK, MT, OR, TX, NM):
National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT,
or NAHP as a Medical Assistant
- AHA accredited BLS within 30 days of employment. About
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
SR340578 Company: Covenant Jobs Job Category: Patient Care
(Non-Acute) Job Function: Clinical Care Schedule: Full time Shift:
Day Career Track: Clinical Support Department: 8002 ADMINISTRATION
SHARED CARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES Address: TX Lubbock 2215 Nashville Ave
Covenant Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed,
national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Lubbock , Medical Assistant - Cardiology Associates *$2,000 Extended Bonus*, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!