Registered Nurse - Cardiac Telemetry *Up to $10,000 Hiring Bonus* - Telemetry
Company: Covenant Medical Center
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Registered Nurse - Cardiac Telemetry *Up to $10,000 Hiring
Bonus*Covenant Health is seeking a Full-time, Day Shift Registered
Nurse with the Cardiac Telemetry Department at Covenant Medical
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely,
therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses
information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement,
identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
* COLLABORATION: The process whereby the health care team plan and
practice together as colleagues, working interdependently within
the boundaries of their scope of practices using shared values and
mutual respect for each other's contribution to care for
individuals, their families and communities. Major elements include
non-hierarchal relationships and intra-inter professional
* Facilitates patient care through developing and maintaining
therapeutic & effective communication/ relationships with
patient/family and the health care team:
* Recognizes and communicates patient condition/care changes to
charge nurse, supervisor, medical staff and other team members
within an appropriate time frame; completes bedside shift report
and documentation in a timely manner.
* Anticipates and is prepared to present information to patients
and families regarding plan of care.
* Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of chain of
* Participates in staff meetings by constructively communicating
issues and offering solutions that affect the unit.
* Promotes collaborative and caring relationships with colleagues
that contribute to teamwork and respects culturally diverse
individuals and viewpoints.
* Seeks assistance and support in unfamiliar clinical situations
and utilizes the guidance of mentors.
* Demonstrates professional behavior with patients/families and
healthcare team, treating others with dignity and respect according
to CHS values.
* Participates in shared governance and participative leadership,
including appropriate delegation of care:
* Appropriately delegates, supervises, and evaluates abilities and
performance of other team members. Identifies and communicates
opportunities for improved team performance.
* Includes patient/family in implementing the plan of care based
upon their ability to participate in and make decisions regarding
* Demonstrates awareness of competency, job description and scope
of practice of patient care team members when delegating aspects of
* Participates and follows through with unit/service level shared
* Verbalizes and supports unit goals.
* Demonstrates awareness of unit/service budget and guidelines
related to staffing and scheduling:
* Demonstrates efficient use of time, equipment and supplies.
* Provides input for capital budget.
* Follows scheduling guidelines and demonstrates flexibility in
order to meet unit and patient needs.
* CLINICAL PRACTICE: The practitioner is accountable to recognize
the health and quality of life needs of the patient, family and
community and to collaborate with them to achieve mutually agreed
upon goals. The practitioner utilizes his/her specialized skills
and scientific knowledge to design collaborative and integrated
care that binds together all resources in a goal oriented movement
toward health. Components of clinical practice are competence,
evidenced based practice/continuous quality improvement, advanced
practice nursing and practice standards.
* Implements safe and therapeutic care for patients and provides a
safe environment specific to age and development of the patient
* Adheres to all safety policies and procedures; identifies safety
issues or hazards in the work environment and communicates
* Implements a safe and therapeutic plan of care for patients of
minimal complexity according to the hospital's policies and
* Requests assistance from mentor, resource nurse or team leaders
when essential care cannot be completed.
* Provides ongoing teaching to patient/family regarding testing,
treatment and procedures.
* Recognizes and responds to priorities in meeting patient care
responsibilities; detects obvious changes in patient's condition.
Incorporates clinical findings into priority setting.
* Includes patient and family in implementing a culturally
sensitive plan based upon their ability to participate and make
decisions regarding care.
* Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational
growth opportunities for peers and develops ongoing plan for
* Recognizes and verbalizes own learning needs.
* Participates in learning activities to obtain skills that meet
gaps between desired and actual performance.
* In collaboration with manager/mentor, develops plan for meeting
learning needs during orientation and on an ongoing basis.
* Provides and receives constructive feedback to/from team
* Shares new ideas/information attained from attending educational
* Assures quality through application of evidenced-based practice
to policy, procedure, standards of care, clinical pathways and
* Follows policy, procedure, standards of care, and protocol
changes common to patient population.
* Participates in performance improvement activities as
* Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of posted
policies, procedures, standards of care, clinical pathways and
* Maintains clinical competence:
* Maintains knowledge of Nurse Practice Act.
* Demonstrates and maintains competence in required hospital wide
and service specific competency programs.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge
of the principles of growth and development, psychosocial
characteristics, and interventions for age-specific requirements of
the assigned unit.
* Utilizes nursing process to perform a comprehensive, age-specific
assessment of patient & family needs, including identification of
formal teaching needs for specific patients/families and
* Demonstrates the ability to assess and prioritize the cultural,
physical, psychosocial, and spiritual patient/family needs.
* Utilizes resources: e.g., Advanced Practice Nurses, literature,
etc. when caring for patients with unfamiliar diagnoses.
* Assesses patient's needs and conditions at regular intervals as
defined in unit standards of care, including hourly rounding.
* Utilizes screening tools to identify the need for
* Assesses needs, preferred learning style and barriers (i.e.
cultural, psychomotor) to patient and family education.
* Reinforces established education plan.
* Identifies teaching goals with patient and family and provides
teaching based on documented learning needs.
* Educates patient/fUtilizeamily about their plan of care across
the continuum, including post-hospitalization self-care and consult
for appropriate resources.
* Utilizes nursing process to develop/revise plan of care and
evaluates patient progress toward expected outcomes:
* Utilizes interdisciplinary assessment data to develop/contribute
to plan of care.
* Evaluates the patient's progress toward attaining expected
outcomes in a systematic, ongoing, and culturally sensitive
criterion-based manner and revises plan of care.
* Responsible for accurate, complete, and individualized
documentation of patient assessment, goals, plan of care,
interventions and care provided, as well as patient's progress
toward discharge goals.
* CULTURE & CARING: The central theme of the CHS Practice Model is
the caring relationship that exists between the patient/family and
nurse. Caring practices are activities that are responsive to the
uniqueness of the patient/family and that create a compassionate
and therapeutic environment. Holistic practice addresses physical,
emotional, spiritual, cognitive and developmental needs of patients
and families across the life span. Care for the body, mind and
spirit - from birth to final stage of life - is a desired
characteristic of professional practice. Culture is a collection of
traditions, beliefs, values and behaviors that make up the context
for how care is delivered. Culture forms and develops over time.
The desired culture supports and values are:
* Innovative and improvement, openness, risk taking, integrity,
trust and mutual respect.
* A nursing code of ethics which is securely integrated into day to
* Interdisciplinary collaboration.
* Advancement of nursing practice.
* Reward and recognition for professional achievements.
* Demonstrates commitment toward patient advocacy, customer
satisfaction, and a culture based on innovation, openness,
integrity, trust and mutual respect while maintaining ethical
standards. Cross reference the Values Based Competencies:
* Demonstrates behaviors reflective of caring and concern for
customer satisfaction, i.e. advocacy, listening, compassion,
comfort, honor and respect, follow through on customer
* Identifies opportunities for improvement in customer
* Seeks assistance as needed to advocate for the patient and
* Demonstrates actions that support philosophy of family centered
* Serves as a resource for patient advocacy initiatives such as
restraint use, spirituality, pain management.
* Demonstrates the values of dignity and justice by assuring
respect for privacy and confidentiality and participation by the
patient/families in decisions regarding care; complies with the
patient's bill of rights and the patient's advanced directive.
* Verbalizes knowledge of "staff rights" policy and Ethics
* Recognizes and reports incompetent/unsafe/unethical care
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Must meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX examination and
become licensed in the state of Texas.
* Bachelor's Degree - Nursing; must achieve within 5 years of
employment as a Registered Nurse; required for promotion to RN
Licenses and Certitifications:
* Required (Texas locations): Candidates must meet the criteria to
sit for the NCLEX examination and become licensed in the state of
* BLS (AHA) certification within 30 days of hire.
* ACLS within 1 year (exception: 607000 - NICU and 638000 - Mom
Baby do not require ACLS; see Dept Spec section).
* Specialty certification required for promotion to RN IV.
Keywords: Covenant Medical Center, Lubbock , Registered Nurse - Cardiac Telemetry *Up to $10,000 Hiring Bonus* - Telemetry, Healthcare , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!