Psychiatry Clinical Director
Company: Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Managed Care
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Lubbock, Texas. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com DescriptionTexas Tech
University Health Sciences Center is currently seeking a Psychiatry
Clinical Directorfor the Montford Unit in Lubbock,
TX.BackgroundTTUHSC Managed Care has a partnership with the Texas
Department of Criminal Justice to provide all medical healthcare,
behavioral healthcare, dental, vision, and pharmacy services to
incarcerated offenders in the Northern and Western Regions of the
State of Texas. All of our benefits eligible positions offer
excellent benefits and outstanding retirement options which
includes a pension plan!The John Montford Unit, located Lubbock TX,
is the Regional Medical Center and Psychiatric Hospital for the
Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ). This unit specializes
in housing offenders who require mental health and medical
treatment. This unit has the capacity to house 1,074 male
offenders. The facility has the capability to house 550 inmates in
psychiatric care, 400 offenders in the Trusty Camp, 30 holding
beds, 50 Ward beds, 44 Long Term Care beds, and 4 Specialty Care
beds.Job Summary Coordinates the delivery of psychiatric and
behavioral health services at the Montford Psychiatric/Regional
Medical Facility of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Managed Care (TTUHSC-MC). Works under the administrative directions
of the Regional Director of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health
Services with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent
judgement. Collaborates with all disciplines at the Montford
Psychiatric/Regional Medical Facility, included but not limited to
medical, psychology, social work. Nursing and administrative, to
deliver high quality psychiatric and behavioral health services.
Provides advance professional services related to diagnosis and
treatment of inmate patients with psychiatric needs and provides
direct supervision to Advanced Practice Providers within their
field. Coordinates and provides testimony for civil commitments and
involuntary hospitalizations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the psychiatric authority in matter of local
- Responsible for the provision Montford on call schedule. Shares
regional back-up call duties with Regional Director.
- Phone, desktop, computer, fax leaders to make wise personnel
- Assures Montford's compliance with external auditing standards,
executive directives, administrative directives, access to care and
other applicable policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively 360 degree.
- Performs all duties of a correctional psychiatrist.
- Administrative oversight and monitoring of assigned
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed to be
determined and assigned as needed.
- Acts as TTUHSC psychiatric representative at local Statewide
Committee meetings as directed. Chairs such meetings as
- Directs psychiatric care for assigned region.
- Delegates responsibilities and specific duties to appropriate
personnel and assures all duties delegated are performed.Required
- Education/Experience: Medical degree (M.D or D.O.) or
equivalent plus 3 year's related experience/training or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- License/Certification: State Medical License, Drug Enforcement
Agency, Texas Department of controlled substances registration
- Board Certified by the ABPN (or in process). Current active and
unrestricted TMB license. This valuable team member shall perform
work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping
hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY to be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments.
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Managed Care, Lubbock , Psychiatry Clinical Director, Executive , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!