Posted on: September 16, 2023
CMMS CPAs & Advisors PLLC, An ATLAS Navigators, LLC Firm
Our CMMS Plainview location is looking for a Tax Manager. This is
an exciting opportunity to join a family of firms across multiple
states with a lot of room for advancement.
The Tax Manager will work under the supervision of a Partner and/or
Director. A Manager will support the firm's clients in the duties
listed below and provide support and leadership to the staff they
work with. Some duties listed below are subject to the department
the Manager primarily manages.
- Assist with client projects as assigned and function as the
lead for the client relationships.
- Handle client calls as required.
- Work with the team on tax projects.
- Assist with workflow on office projects with team
- Prepare and review all types of tax returns (i.e., 1040, 1120,
1065, etc.) efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and maintain client relationships through a
comprehensive knowledge of tax planning including estate
- Prepare and review all accounting activities provided for a
- Identify additional services needed by the client and update
client in a timely manner.
- Actively play a role in ATLAS' advisory services
- Responsible for (along with other Managers, Partners and
Seniors) billing and WIP analysis.
- Participate and promote ATLAS initiatives such as the Coaching
Program and other Firm activities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive information
encountered while in the performance of duties.
- Train and develop other team members.
- Identify areas of potential improvements in processes and
- Participate in occasional same-day travel for work at client
office and meetings using personal vehicle.
- Increased operation hours required during tax season.
- Other tasks as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and extremely organized.
- Strong client service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to set priorities and skillfully juggle multiple tasks in
a fast-paced office.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to lead team members and manage others'
- Demonstrate a service mentality.
- Actively listen.
- Regularly use QuickBooks Online and Desktop with
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of Tax Basis Accounting - Cash & Accrual.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA highly desirable.
- Experience with a public accounting firm.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
Keywords: Atlasfirms, Lubbock , Tax Manager, Executive , Plainview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!