RN-Director Clinical Services Specialists - Clinical
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: January 21, 2023
RN-Director Clinical Services SpecialistsRN-Director Clinical
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us! You'll earn more than a paycheck; you
can find opportunities to grow your career through professional
development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall
health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans
are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits
offered include, but are not limited to:
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Pet Insurance
* Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
* Variety of Associate Discounts
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive or commission plans.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to
ensure resident's healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are
treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as
resident's healthcare needs change. Supervises licensed nurses and
other direct care staff within the community. Strengthens clinical
processes within community until a replacement is identified, then
supports newly assigned Health and Wellness Director. Travels
within the division as assigned to support management vacancy,
start up, vacations, etc.
* Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed nursing staff (LPN/LVN, RN), the Med Techs/CMAs (if
required by State Regulations) and/or Lead Resident Care
Associates. May also supervise Resident Care Coordinators and
Supervisor, Resident Care.
* Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and
* Provides training, supervision, and monitoring of associates in
the administration of medications as described/allowed in Nurse
Practice Act, to include auditing of medication administration
* Provides training and education to resident care associates on an
ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific
* Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by care giving staff.
* As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates
individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services
for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the
resident's opportunity to remain in their environment.
* Manages the health care of residents, including the dissemination
of information to families and associates. Ensures that family
members are aware of resident's need for scheduled
* Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice
* Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
* Performs ongoing assessment/observation of residents' physical
and psycho-social needs and coordinates with other departments to
assure quality, proactive care.
* Evaluates residents; documents changes in condition, and notifies
executive director, physician, and resident's legally responsible
party/family of resident's condition and reactions. Prepares
Physician Visit Form and reviews and updates resident chart.
* Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home
health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare-
* Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
* Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
* Participates in department quality improvement activities.
* Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce
the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by appropriately
evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving
therapy services as indicated.
* Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
* Strengthens clinical process within the community until permanent
replacement is identified.
* Supports other requirements within the division as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN or
RN). Nurse management, senior living, or post-acute care experience
preferred. Basic typing skills along with a working knowledge of
personal computing and word processing software are required,
preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
LPN/LVN or RN license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
* Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
* Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* On-Call on an as needed basis
* Reach with hands and arms
* Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
* Climb or balance
* Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
* Talk or hear
* Taste or smell
* Exposure to latex
* Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
* Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
* Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
* Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
* Requires Travel: Occasionally
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Lubbock , RN-Director Clinical Services Specialists - Clinical, Executive , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!