Restaurant General Manager
Posted on: November 22, 2022
JOB SUMMARYDirectly supervises, develops and supports all unit
management, as well as service team members directly or indirectly
during all hours of operation.Accountable for:1.Operation of
restaurant2.Business administration3.Creating a quality work
environment4.Maintaining safety and sanitation standards5.Ensures
maximum customer satisfaction6.Achieving financial results and
maximizing profits7.Developing a strong service team that is
focused on business growth8.Excellent physical stamina-job requires
extensive standing; walking, extreme temperature changes and
lifting and may be in contact with cleaning chemicals and have
knowledge of chemicals9.Excellent communication skills, verbal and
written to be able to handle supervision of employees and guest
- Develops plans supportive of company and regional strategies to
achieve business growth (sales and profit) and customer
- Directs the work of all restaurant employees & management; such
direction includes supervision, advancement, discipline,
termination or any other change of status.
- Overall responsible for maintaining safety and sanitation
standards & procedures as needed for health inspections, steritech
visits and brand standards at all times.
- Plans and analyzes units manpower including future management
needs, ensuring sufficient development and training of all
- Plans and analyzes the operations and administration of the
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and
presented properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according
to all established procedures, performance standards and
- Ensures customer satisfaction through effective and efficient
service and a clean and pleasant environment.Makes changes to the
operation as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Directs operational execution to ensure total customer
- In absence of any job code must personally fill any position
needed in the restaurant or assign someone to fill position.
- Investigates employee issues, customer complaints, and
coordinates response and provides guidance, counseling and training
to management and employees for corrective measures to improve
restaurant operations and customer service.
- Provides feedback to DM and Regional Work Teams (RWT) on
emerging needs; content, value, and appropriateness of
- Must complete all training courses.
- Ensures that proper management procedures and practices for the
facility and equipment are adhered to through preventive
maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and
that safety and sanitation requirements are met.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of restaurant
management. Totally responsible for the recruitment and selection
of service team members.
- Maintains proper inventory levels for both food and nonfood
items in accordance with company guidelines using correct ordering
procedures and efficient usage and yield applications.
- Analyzes financial reports and develops and implements plan for
areas needing improvement.
- Communicates system breakdowns and deficiencies to appropriate
- Manages financial performance to budgets, focusing on payroll
hours and dollars, cash and receipts, productivity, food costs,
security of funds, and operating expenses.
- Manages all restaurant assets.
- Aware of local market trends, competitive stance and
opportunities. Selects and implements appropriate local restaurant
marketing programs, with assistance and guidance from marketing
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment, ensuring
open communication.Must communicate employee relations issues or
problems to the DM.
- Maintains accurate and complete paperwork relating to
restaurant and personnel administrative requirements.
- Selects and participates in the development of certified
- Embodies, promotes and teaches Dennys Inc. and Franchise
company values.POSITIONS SUPERVISEDAll restaurant team members(25
to 45 persons)PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Extensive standing without breaks during peak hours
- Exposure to heat, steam, cold temperatures
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 21/2 to
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to fit through openings 30 wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours and under heavy
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with customers, vendors and employees
- Must be able to work computer and have good phone skills
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products as needed
- Must be able to lift food trays & items weighing about 20
pounds for distances up to 30 feetQUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Successful completion of Assistant Manager Position
- Above standard verbal and written skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- 100% guest oriented personality
- Knowledge of all facets of restaurant operation
- Excellent physical stamina-job requires extensive standing,
walking, extremeTemperature changes and lifting and may be in
contact with chemicals and have knowledge of chemical substances
- Professional appearance and image
- Adaptability and ability to manage change and fill positions as
- Must complete all video training, anti-discrimination &
anti-harassment training and comply with Dennys nondiscrimination
- Must have guest oriented personality
- Complete knowledge of all facets of restaurant operations
- Must have reliable vehicle and current insurance on vehicleThe
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical
assignment to the position.Concluding statement for ALL job
descriptions:This position will include any and all (various)
duties assigned to ensure the proper functioning of operations in
the department/area.Company IntroductionDenny's is the place that
is always open for you to be who you want, with the people you
want, over the food you wantwhenever you want. We celebrate the
inherent creativity of our food and the uniqueness of all people.
So, come as you are. Enjoy pancakes for dinner or burgers for
breakfast. You are always welcome at Americas Diner, where we are
Open for Anything.
Keywords: Denny's, Lubbock , Restaurant General Manager, Executive , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!