Technical Services Project Manager
Company: Tyler Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Project Manager successfully manages the implementation of
Tyler software for new and existing accounts, from the contract
signing through formal transition to the support department, on
time and within budget.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local
government and school districts centralize data and connect their
organizations. By working to develop and support our financial
management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with
human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset
management.LocationLubbock, Texas -
- Develop the implementation project plan and officially start
projects by conducting kick-off meetings with clients and other
staff as needed. Project plans outline the scope and schedule as
well as each party's responsibilities and mutual commitment to
contribute adequate resources to follow the plan.
- Become familiar with contract requirements, program
modifications, and other site-specific background information.
- Manage and assume responsibility for aspects of projects
related to delivery of client software and services including:
- Acquiring and coordinating necessary resources to meet project
- Planning and tracking project activity.
- Guiding the client through release planning in support of the
overall project schedule.
- Tracking project hours and submitting project progress reports
by due dates when necessary.
- Managing scope and time to meet client commitments.
- Managing communication throughout the team and
- Managing the quality of project team deliverables.
- Documenting and reporting status and issues.
- Identifying, reporting and managing risks; overcoming project
- Acting as a client liaison and representative communicating
client feedback to appropriate Tyler representatives; acting to
resolve outstanding issues on behalf of client in a timely
- Conduct planning sessions with the client's appropriate
functional staff to create a series of documented management plans
that specify the project plan and scope.
- Ensure that resources are scheduled and monitor progress to
ensure compliance with the project plan, immediately notifying
affected parties of any schedule changes.
- Use departmental sites/calendars/systems to publish a summary
of key dates and issues to all Tyler employees involved in the
project, such as development, implementation, support, and other
- Obtain regular feedback from clients regarding project status
and quality of service and take immediate corrective action as
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve roadblocks, such as hardware,
software, or networking incompatibilities.
- Communicate completion of milestones to clients and secure
formal acceptance from them.
- Communicate with the implementation staff and management
regularly, ensuring timely delivery of schedules; relaying
personnel, client, contract, and departmental issues; and
responding to directives that are issued to meet department
- Manage implementation resources to maximize performance and
- Maintain the project team's calendar commitments by keeping all
project event information current.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, or comparable work experience.
- Typically a minimum of three years of experience as an
implementation professional (or equivalent/like experience). Solid
and proven project management experience essential.
- Work toward obtaining PMP certification and maintain status
- Software life cycle and enterprise software knowledge.
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and ability to
follow-through until process are completed.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate
technical and non-technical information to various audiences
- Proficiency using computers and exposure to IT infrastructure
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability, particularly in a technical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
in a fast paced, technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional
Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado,
Connecticut, and NevadaSalary will generally fall between $56,648 -
$74,538 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can
confirm if position is incentive eligible.Great Place to Work &
Grow Your CareerCome join us as we transform the public sector! Our
mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also
frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally.
See our many awards and accolades.Taking Care of You & Your
FamilyYour health and well-being are important to us. That's why we
invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to
support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how
we care for our people.
Keywords: Tyler Technologies, Inc., Lubbock , Technical Services Project Manager, Executive , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!