Medical Director, Corrections
Company: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is currently seeking a
Correctional Unit Medical Director for the French Robertson Unit in
TTUHSC Managed Care has a partnership with the Texas Department of
Criminal Justice to provide all medical healthcare, behavioral
healthcare, dental, vision, and pharmacy services to incarcerated
offenders in the Northern and Western Regions of the State of
Texas. All of our benefits eligible positions offer excellent
benefits and outstanding retirement options which includes a
The Robertson Unit has the capacity to house up to 2,284 adult male
inmates. This unit includes a 17 bed infirmary to provide both
in-patient and out-patient medical treatment. Common chronic
conditions seen on the unit include diabetes, heart disease,
pulmonary disease, neurologic disease, lipid disorders,
hypertension, and hepetitis C.
The target is for all providers to see anywhere from 15-18 patients
per 8-hour day. This is a Monday through Friday 8am-5pm position.
Administrative responsibilities include: supervising one
Correctional Physician and two Advanced Practice Providers;
interviewing, hiring, and trainging new employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Provides advanced professional services related to diagnosis and
treatment of inmate patients. Coordinates the delivery of clinical
health care within at TDCJ Correctional institution, insuring that
the appropriate health care is accessible and provided to the
inmate population in a timely fashion regardless of segregation
status. Renders medical judgement regarding care provided to
inmates assigned to the unit according to TTUHSC Correctional
Health Services Policies and Procedures, TDCJ Policies and
Procedures, and the National Commission on Correctional Health Care
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% off
premium for dependents.
- Optional Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care
- And much more.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that
reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping
hands, and a positive attitude.
- INTEGRITY to be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining
Keywords: Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock , Medical Director, Corrections, Executive , Lubbock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!